Bisoprolol

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am on 7.5mg of bisoprolol since last year.  I am constantly tired and I used to be so on the go!  I still do but so tired.  Happy to sit more than I ever did before.  I thought it was just me, also i have gained weight always need to lose weight, and started Slimming world but its so slow yet Im following the plan, Im sure many think I'm cheating!!!

I can't believe I didn't think these pills were causing me to be like this.  Ive just looked it up and came across this, I'm shocked!! 

I need to speak to my doctor and get this sorted, Im desperate to lose weight and can't believe this is what has been holding me back.  and the tiredness is unreal yet I never get a full nights sleep, sometimes awake for hours.

sorry to go on so much.  Any advice on what I should ask my doctor for instead

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Gosh Cherie, you sound like me because it's exactly how I feel sad  I take 10mg of Bisoprolol and also Warfarin and all I want to do is sleep.  I've gained weight too and also got swollen feet and ankles so, shoes and clothes that I once could wear until I was put on this horrid drug don't fit me anymore, it makes me cry. I'm always tired and depressed and feel like zombie. It's life changing. As for other medication, I really don't know of any as they've all got side effects so, like yourself, I'm at a loss.

• Posted

I feel for you Cherie. I put on a stone on that drug, but my dr wouldn’t have it and sent me on an NHS eating healthy course, I still couldn’t lose the extra weight, felt tired and sluggish. Went from size 12 to 16, unbelievable for me as I’m short. I came off bisoprolol as it stopped working with my a.fib. Dr put me on metoprolol and guess what .,,,. The weight fell off and I’m back to 14 now. Still have no energy but I think all

Beta blockers cause same side effects. Maybe ask dr if you can change. All the best, it isn’t your fault, 

• Posted

From the day they put me on Bisoprolol, I described having been turned into an old man overnight. Trouble is, they took me off February 17 and I still feel the same, whatever Bisoprolol did to me, its permanent.
    • Posted

Its now 21 months since I have been off beta blockers, apart from the very low blood oxygen which seemed to have resolved itself after 12 months, all my other symptoms remain, some are even getting worst. I think my Autonomic Nervous System has stuck in the off balance position Bisoprolol puts it in.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your replies. I just wish I’d realised this earlier. It’s unreal. I had so much energy now just feel knackered all the time. 

I hope that I can get something else that helps me. I’m eating right slimming world diet and everyone is losing weight well around me except me!!!! Now I know why. I think even the SW leader thinks I’m cheating and eating. Keep me posted and I’ll let you all know how it’s going my end xxxx thanks again so glad there’s a reason for the way I feel 

• Posted

Cherie I have to tell you that was by far one of the worst medicines I have ever been on . cardiologist told me I was wrong 3 more they put me on was metropropol chlyathalidone and spiralactone something like that finally told my doctor if I have to keep living like this I would die. Mine was for high blood pressure. Doc has me on bystolic ,losartan something,Lasik and amlodopine never felt better.

Tom

• Posted

Blood pressure doing great
    • Posted

I feel

My dosage seems very high to what people are saying they are on. I have cardiac arrhythmia x

• Posted

Hi just an update. I went to the doctors yesterday. They want to do my bloods first before changing or lowering pills. So I went straight to the hospital yesterday to get my bloods done should have results by next week. Will keep you all posted x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.