Best probiotic's for diverticulitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

What is the best probiotic for diverticulitis? I hear B. Infantis strain 35624 helps greatly. What is your opinion on this probiotic and others you have tried. Thanks so much for your replies 🙂

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I am not into probiotics. I have however been eating sourcraut recently and that seems to have improved things. I have also been told that keffier (not sure of spelling) especially the unpasteurized type available in health food shops is good for gut health

• Posted

Probiotic's give me stomach cramps and bathroom runs, so I eat a lot of PLAIN  Greek Yogurt, it helps alot plus it has 22 gram of protien which helps us. I eat it morning and before going to bed at night.  I also buy the mashed sweetpotatoes mixed with mashed carrotts and put about two tablespoons with my greek yogurt which adds some fiber and nutritrion and it comes in the frozen department and you just pop in oven and one container last me 3 days. Doing this has helped me a lot and while it helps the stomach it also helps your over all health. 

• Posted

I asked a Costco pharmacist the same question. She asked why I was taking probiotics and I told her I had DD. She recommended AVL, a refrigerated probiotic rather than the typical over-the-counter products, which she stated were not strong enough for someone with DD. It's expensive, so I wait until the pharmacy offers a coupon, and then I buy it at 40% off. 

• Posted

AVL, I search and nothing comes up on it is there a full name?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.