"simmering" symptoms, some made worse by physical activity

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been feeling better since my last round of antibiotics, but still feel like I have something "simmering" inside.   Just a bit of a sick tummy, some tenderness in l.left, which is ok, I can handle it...... but I have this unusual trigger to pressure low on my pubic area.   I get it with an episode and then it clears with the RX.  

This time it was triggered by vacuuming,  I was helping out my staff with cleaning and as soon as I vacuumed the pressure on my bladder and feeling like I had to pee returned.  I stopped, came home layed down and settled.   

My colonoscopy is scheduled for next mth, but we are off to Europe for our 40th ann. trip and thinking maybe i should go with a RX filled.   I've also been "blue"   Just hope the infection isnt sitting there ready to raise its head when we are travelling sad

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi elaine That is how I would b after antibiotics were gone doctors said inflammation give it time But I was right the infection was simmering anyway do take antibiotics with you and Happy 40th 😁

• Posted

thanks ellen, this is a well deserved belated anniversary trip.   It was to be in the spring, but I was in a very serious car accident, so had to wait till i healed enough.   Still wondering if some of the trauma may have contributed to so many flare ups this year.  Im seeing my GP this week and will get the RX filled to take with me.  That way I can relax hopefully while travelling smile
  • Posted

One thing I have learnt from these discussions is it seems every body is different. I try to walk as much as I can but every now and then I get it wrong ie, I lift something incorrectly or which is too heavy. So keep as fit physically as you can. Find the best foods for you.
    • Posted

Yes the food thing is a tricky one,  as alot of people on here say, all the food we can eat isnt the "healthiest" . but if it keeps the infection away,  I guess its ok

• Posted

Hi Elaine

What you are describing sounds fairly typical after an attack.  The pain can niggle on for weeks as your insides heal, and can be made worse by bending, lifting, heavy work etc.  DD seems to put pressure on the bladder in many cases.  When I am recovering I could pee for England and it feels just like a UTI.  I got Dip Strips from the Internet and checked to see if I have leucocytes or blood in my urine - a sign of bladder infection.  If I did not, I put it down to the DD putting pressure on the bladder, and it cleared up in a day or so.  The psychological effect of worrying about what might happen, can trigger an attack.  So it's a good idea to take medication with you on holiday just in case - I always do and so far so good. 

• Posted

good advice,  its just nice to hear I'm not alone.   and yes the psychological part of it i'm sure is contributing to it, even though I dont want to admit it.   Trauma from an accident that most thought I wouldnt have survived likely isnt helping,  but I tend to be a fighter.......wink

• Posted

I also have DD and probably due to scarring from a fistula have symtoms such as full bladder, pain in lower back, pelvis and thighs which I have mistaken for flare ups. I was fitted with a urinary catheter and bag for 3 weeks and then a stent and catheter bag for 2 weeks that was later internalized "Nephrostomy" which I've had for 3 months. I'm scheduled to have it removed this week to see if I have healed.

• Posted

I was told by my G.I. doc that Diverticulitis can often cause urinary tract problems and I have had many UTI's and have been in the care of a urologist for about 2 years.

• Posted

Thanks for the medical confirmation - I had long suspected it dis as I too had many UTI's or just pressure on the bladder without infection.

• Posted

I know how you feel.  I find the antibiotics (I take Cef and Met) are pretty nasty and they leave me feeling physically rotten.  I had a perforated bowel in October 2017 and I was very ill, although it's all healed well, I still get attacks of diverticulitis.  It's the diet I find so hard - and not to mention, unhealthy!  I am a vegetable lover and I just can't manage them now, unless they are pulped like baby food and I really do have an aversion to the texture.

Talk to your doctor, get a prescription to take with you, eat what you can and HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.  You deserve it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.