Got filling replaced 4 days ago, still does not feel right ..

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I got my amalgan filling replaced for a composite filling 4 days ago. My dentist grounded it down 3 times while I was still in his ambulance, he did his best to smooth it off. He even made me bite multiple times that weird red colored paper. I still felt weird after drilling so I let it be even though I didn't feel exactly fine. I went home and found out it's pretty bad so I went after 30 mins back to his ambulance. He grounded it down even more and  I went back home. I felt kinda ok, but then, after few hours I still felt the filling and it felt really bad when I had my teeth together, so next day I went to him again. I bit to that weird paper, he said there are no high points and made me bit to it multiple times from many angles. He polished it even more, exactly 3 times. I felt kinda okayish in the ambulance, but after I came home I noticed that I still feel WEIRD!

I have never had this problem before and I had multiple composite fillings done. I am really worried. I even felt sensitivity and sharp pain after biting into certain foods (today I felt it while biting into chocolate and then into yoghurt with pieces of bananas). It has been 4 days... I am really scared what can be wrong. Also I still don't feel like this is normal, I can still feel the filling when I have my teeth together (my bite is off... I can just tell that one side is completely different, I can feel that filling there!!!). I don't know what to do, will this resolve on its own? Should I go back to him? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, recent similar experience

dentist said it could take a couple of months for the ligaments to adjust and the bite to get back to normal, she was right, i'd stick with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.