Gallstones diet/ recipes

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,

I have recently the last few months discovered that I have gallstones. I have been in and out of A and E back and for the doctors.

My last visit to the hospital I saw the general surgeon and he told me to only eat fruit and veg and no diary at all.

I'm trying to find some recipes that are little to no fat and was wondering does anybody have any ideas?

I'm finding it difficult to find meals that I can eat and finding that the thought of my gallbladder flaring up is not making me want to eat much at all which I have also read online low calorie diets are not good when you have gallstones.

Just looking for some advice.

Thanks smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Lauren, I had several gall bladder attacks and ended up jaundiced on one occasion. Cutting out fatty cheese and a  total ban on crisps and the like has seen me ok for the last 6 months. It was the eating of fatty cheese and my love of crisps that started my problems and now have 2 small stones. I have lost a stone in 6 months and my blood pressure is good, so it is doing me good. My problem is that the consultant, after an MRI , has me down for a gall bladder op which I'm not so sure about having. im speaking with the consultant in October so will discss it with him then.

• Posted

I have been told by the general surgeon that I can’t eat any fat. Just fruit and veg, he specifically said no dairy too. 

It’s so hard as I’m trying to find things to eat and not really wanting to in fear of getting the attack again. Also pretty much just eating veg is so bland blech!!!! 

• Posted

Hi,  I had my gallbladder removed in June I’m so glad I did. It’s the best decision I made the op isn’t to major I had laparoscopic surgery. I started off having problems about 5 years ago and then when I went in a diet and was eating healthy I was fine but the trigger foods changed and I had ended up with a stone stuck in my bile duct so I would always recommend the surgery xx
    • Posted

hi,

i've cut out fatty foods as don't want to jinx it but so far i've been okay. i'm on a waiting list for my surgery but i can't wait to get it done and over with now to get back to normal. i'm glad everything worked out for you!

x

• Posted

Hi Lauren, i have had removal op now but prior to this i was terrified of having more gallbladder attacks so cut out cheese and choc and nuts and other fats. I made different soups and had salad with balsamic vinegar and jacket potatoes and lots of jam on toast and dry crackers as i was so hungry all the time. I lost over a stone in weight which i didnt want to do as my weight was fine. Hope this helps. Good luck.

• Posted

hi,

i've cut out fatty foods as don't want to jinx it but so far i've been okay. i'm on a waiting list for my surgery but i can't wait to get it done and over with now to get back to normal. thats the only thing i find is that im

hungry all the time. but that does help.

thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.