Fibroids and bleeding

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies lm waiting for a hysterectomy but lve been bleeding for 19 days and its heavy and with clots, l tried to get a doctors app but couldnt he said to take Norethisterone to help with the bleeding but once l stop them then the bleeding is worse so catch 22..Any thoughts dont really want to sit in A&E for hours but feel l need to seen by someone to check my iron levels ect as been very ill before and had to have a blood tran.and dont want to go down that road again, on iron tablets.l have my per opp on Friday so do l just hang on in there until then to be checked over ... worried  x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Allie

Can you go to.your gp for a check beforehand?

If your worried please call them or was it till Friday if all calms down.

Hang on there. My mum had bleeding fibroids and had to have blood every morning as looking so.much.

She had hyster in 1977 and haven't looked bAck.👍👍👍 all will be finex

• Posted

Hi thanks for your post cant get to doctors as no app, if it ge too bad l go to the out of hours at the hospital  until then doing the waiting game see how bleeding is if l get to Friday l see doctor at my per opp ... bring on my hysterectomy.
    • Posted

Hi there that's good to know ,l hope to be sorted very soon and get my life back ... yay x

• Posted

Hi Allie,

I was in your position in 2016 with extremely heavy bleeding and clots for 5 months.  I took the Northisterone up until my hysterectomy.  If I hadn't I think I would have bled to death!  I still bled a little as I only took one a day but they were a god send.  I was also on iron tablets.

Any idea when your op will be?  x

• Posted

Thanks for you advice going to take one a day see if that helps and been told by the end of the year the opp. should be done hoping sooner if course. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.