Nightsweats

Posted , 7 users are following.

Looking to hear from your experiences with nightsweats. I seem to have them for weeks at a time,everynight. At least a couple good drenches a night. I do get some hot flashes during the day. I fear i have some dreaded disease. I have missed periods this year. Two to three months at a time.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle, night sweats and hot flashes are very typical symptoms in perimeno. I used to get night sweats in my 30s and 40s, so much so my whole pillow and nightgown would be soaked. Now I get occasional night sweats, but I keep my a/c turned down really low at night which helps. I wouldn't worry about your symptoms since you are missing periods as well. All normal. XO

• Edited

I suggest you contact your gyn and go in for an exam.  Better for a doctor to let you know you're okay than getting reassurance that all is well-and finding out later that there is something wrong.  Best to be cautious. xx  

• Posted

I did have a exam not too long ago. Told her all my symptoms and the missed periods. She was not concerned and no problems with exam. I did just call doctor to see if he will run blood tests on hormone level.

• Edited

My endocrinologist just tested my hormones, he said I was now postmenopausal. A week later I got my period. Honestly, I don't think hormone testing is all that accurate. 

• Posted

It isn't accurate because the levels naturally and continually fluctuate in your body, which has its own, natural rhythms. 

• Posted

I suffer from night sweats and hot flashes daily and nightly. I'm 52 and this year has been the absolute worse time. I'm 8 years into this now. My AC is constantly running along with a fan blowing on me at work and at home. The anxiety that goes along with it is grueling. You're not alone Michelle. I'm praying for the day for this to all end. I sleep with cold packs too, the cold packs do give some relief. 

• Posted

Thanks Theresa This started for me at 50 when I missed my first period. It's been a whole year on and off with this crap. When you start to lose sleep then I feel like a zombie during the day.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I suffer from it all, I just didn't want to overwhelm you with all my syptoms. Today is one of those days where the hot flashes are coming on every 30 minutes. I'd be happy sitting in a tub full of ice right now. lol

• Posted

Hi Michelle,  I get the sweats at night of course during sleep!  Not every night, but I will have a cluster of nights.  During the day I will get the hot skin, embarrassed look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.