Pain in Ovary - Maybe just cysts, but maybe not

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 

I'm twenty and have had a fairly constant pain in my lower right abdomen for the past two years. Sometimes it goes away for a while, but it always comes back, and can happen at any point in my cycle - it's right around where my right ovary is, so that's why I'm assuming that's the cause. 

I've had three ultrasounds done, the first found nothing, the second found a small cyst on that ovary, and the third (to see if it had grown), again, found nothing. My gynecologist suggested that I might be prone to cysts and that I try hormonal birth control, so I've been on Junel-Fe for a few months now, and while it's seemed to lessen the pain, it's still not completely gone. 

Anyone have any idea what this could be and what else I can bring up to my doctor? She doesn't seemed too concerned about it, but it does worry me.

The pain usually isn't too bad, sometimes can get worse with periods, and has always been located in that one spot. My periods are regular, and though they're usually somewhat painful, long, and on the heavy side, they've always been like that and I haven't seen much of a change (until I started the BC, of course). 

Thanks! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’ve been the same only mine doesn’t go away I’m up in belfast city hospital on the 4th of October for a post op then I’m goin in on the 25th or October to get it removed the doctors don’t seem to care much about no one these days it’s so frustrating trying to get any wer with them sad I’m ttc at the moment so I can’t even take any thing to stop the cysts from coming back xx
  • Posted

I had a similar pain last November and I took it lightly till it came back with a punch in late June. Pain killers don't work anymore so I had to rush to the hospital. My doctor told me to remove since its 10cm on the left ovary. I had my lap last August 20 and now Im on my first Zoladex to shut off my ovaries and to shirk the remaining endo. Sorry I forgot to mention that I had a sever endometriosis and my left tube is completely damaged and they had to remove it. I just want to tell you not to take this lightly and find out if its a cyst larger than 5cm or not etc. If only I had taken it seriously when I found out last year I wouldn't have to suffer this much. Good luck.

• Posted

Naw I’m not no more they make out like ur makeing the pain up my stomach is so bloated an I’m finding it so difficult to pass poos I just couldn’t stanly feel like I have my period I hope I get sorted how r u feeling now? I’m ttc two years hope this doesn’t distory my dreams of being a parent xx
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies, and I'm so sorry to hear of the struggles you all have been going through.I don't even know for sure if cysts are causing the pain I'm experiencing since two of my ultrasounds didn't show anything, and I don't know what else to ask about if I go back to the doctor, I just feel like I keep coming back with the same thing over and over. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.