Mr

Posted , 8 users are following.

i had a full knee joint replacement four weeks ago, the knee is great but i feel terrible, my appetite has gone and im tired all the time.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi, 3 weeks after mine, my leg is very stiff and i cant get better than 90 bend, also can be very painful to the point of crying, im also sleeping a lot, cat naps, and appetite is poor, but weve been through major surgery, give it time its our body's way of slowing us down to aid recovery, enjoy this time to relax, sue

• Posted

its a long process and everyone heals different! im at 11 weeks and just returned to work part time and still need a nap when I Get home

• Posted

At two months, I was still sleeping what I thought was waaaay too much. Asked my doc. She said:

"All the healing energy in your body is being directed to your knee. When you body says rest, rest; when it says sleep, sleep."

Your job is to give your body the energy it needs to heal so you need to eat healthy, lots of protein and HYDRATE!!! If you are not feeling hungry, get some Ensure liquid. They have a high protein variety...stock up. This will also give you the energy required to do all your ROM work now and the muscle rebuild program a month or two from now.

All of this is totally normal. Just get that protein in you and carry on...

• Posted

Please be careful,about Ensure and other protein shakes, such as BOOST! etc. if you are taking warfarin following your procedure. Ensure is high in Vitamin K which thickens your blood, basically canceling out the warfarin.

• Posted

you will be tired for a while yet , this is normal , just rest when you feel tired . I was exhausted for weeks after mine , combination of op and drugs

• Posted

Hi Phil that's normal. Took me a few weeks before my appetite returned. No matter what was suggested had no appetite all. Remember your body has had major surgery and now needs time to recover. I'm 6 months past now listen to it Don't push it and you'll get there. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.