Total knee replacement

Posted , 6 users are following.

Do you get pain in your tkr during the winter mths can you wear any sort of support during the winter months. As i seem to be in pain and knee swelling up as weather is getting cold

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Some people get pain in cooler months, while others don't. I have no idea why. I dont see why you can't wear some sort of support but that is best answered by your Dr. only bc some support mechanisms can alter the knee and the way you walk. I actually wear a legging or pair of pantyhose under my pants in winter for added warmth. A trick I learned long ago when riding in freezing weather.

• Posted

Thank you i will get a support for my knee and have a word with my dr.

• Posted

I had a right tkr beginning of April , and went back to work beginning of June. I wear an Ace bandage around my knee because most of my knee is still numb for support . I hope this helps you

• Posted

I had a hip replaced in New Jersey in 2009...spent one winter...that was enough for me. Now with 4 1/2 pounds of metal in hip, knee and back, I'm enjoying the warmth of Dallas/Fort Worth all the time. Ahhhhh..... For me, the combination of cold and metal was brutal.

• Posted

Hi I had my tkr back in march this year over the summer months there was great improvement but now the wet and cold weather has arrived i am in considerable pain again i am still doing my exercises and still going for walks but it does seem the weather effects my knee, have to wait till next year for the warmer weather and hopefully it will improve again, i dont take any pain killers so i suppose tha'ts a bonus , good luck to you. max

• Posted

I had a partial knee in May 2018, was doing great till the temperature dropped to 30 degrees and lower now I'm hurting again couldn't hardly walk this morning.I had a partial knee on the right knee 5 years ago and left one in May, both were hurting this morning, I guess it the cold weather.What can be done to help this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.