TKR. Operation

Posted , 10 users are following.

Tomorrow on Channel 5 at 10pm there is a programme about the operation.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

what time zone ? i am on East Coast USA. what is the tv station for channel 5? thanks for posting

• Posted

what is the time zone? i am EAST coast USA. what station is channel 5

• Posted

Hi David...are you in UK? ... I get channel 5 here in Ireland so hopefully I'll get to see the programme....if I'm able to watch it....I was sedated for op and had epidural in my spine....I could hear them sawing and drilling, it might freak me out watching it, yet Id like to know how it's done 😨

• Posted

i'll be watching, hope they show the patients recovery too

• Posted

Yes I noticed that.

I had TKR 6 years ago. I was awake while they operated so vaguely remember the operation itself and will be very interested to see the progamme.

Sarah

• Posted

I'm going to try and watch it. had my knee done in August, but got to have right one done next.Thanks for letting us know

• Posted

I watched the one last night, Heart Valve replacement, very graphic, showed the complete operation in detail.

• Posted

I'm in the US and in the central time zone at 10pm on Channel 5 which is NBC for us there was nothing about knee surgery could you be more specific was it maybe on a cable channel sorry I missed it if you know what channel or network it was on it may be broadcast again and I'd love to be able to see it thanks for the info

• Posted

Dear David,

Channel 5 at 22:00. Which continent? Which country? My name is John LINDGREN aka "Bangkok-Johnny" Long time resident in the Thai Kingdom.

Also a TKR (TKA as the Ortho surgeons prefer to call the procedure) patient.

Primary TKA in Sthlm, Sweden 2014. Later deep periprosthetic infection caused by S. Edidermidis.

April 2018 two-stage revision here in Thailand. Lerdsin hospital, the leading Thai Spine, Hip and Knee government

orthopedic "rongbajabaan"

Now, I am recuperating. PT and swimming pool. Daily.

Best TKA regards,

Bangkok-Johnny

• Posted

Hi I watched this programme i can't use the word enjoyed but it was enlightening as i am waiting for exactly that surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.