How long before surgery of gallbladder?

Posted , 1 user is following.

had my hida scan Wed came back at 11%. so made a consult appt.with surgeon. can't get in until the 27th! I'm going to call and if they have any cancellations before then as im miserable.my question is once I get that consult will she schedule me an appt. for the surgery? I dont think I can take another month of this! thanks for your answers.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

In my husband's case, he consulted with the surgeon and was scheduled for a pre-operation appointment and scheduled the surgery after that. It took 2 weeks all together. They may be able to get you in sooner if you keep having attacks. Hospital was able to provide pain killers for my husband's pain while waiting for his surgery.

• Posted

thanks.yeh my chest hurts from all this I have anxiety I'm down to eatting only a few things that don't cause problems.I'm going to tell her I want it done asap.I've been going thru hell for 2 months. thank God I have pain pills already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.