I’m at a dead end! Help!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been dealing with reoccurring chronic BV for about 5 years now. I tried many different ways to try and kick it to the curb but with no luck. I’ve tried all the medicines the gyno has prescribed, taking vitamins, inserting vitamins, inserting boric acid, soaking tampons in hydrogen peroxide and lastly I tried using gelatin violet soaked in a tampon. NOTHING works! I always seem to get it back!! Today I had sex and the smell is overwhelming and extremely embarrassing. I just purchased a type of wash from somebody’s advice on this page and I have heard good things about it but to be honest I don’t think it’s going to cure my BV. I know I need to kill the biofilm but I can’t figure how how to really kick it to the curb! I am always on this thread trying different ideas but I really need all of your guys help!

I also have another issue with having horrible BO down there as well. I use summers eve spray to help it not be so bad. There is no way I could live without it because the BO just gets so bad. Any advice !?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i have had it for longer than you. Please try not to stress, it makes the condition more pronounced. Keep up with a good probiotic 50 billion. also keep with the vitamins, its a process, i know. I now have gas real bad, and it stinks, tmi. Keep with boric acid every other day. it can make your insides tender. Message me if you need cfc tovtalk. Best wishes, we need it.

• Posted

I don't know if this will work entirely, but I am going to combine Dr Jockers articles about 7 agents that disrupt biofilms and combine it with his uti article. His biofilm one has a VERY specific plan that will have to be all day for 14 days, and most of his UTI information is common knowledge. Regardless, I am going to combine this with a pessary on a website that is $95, that you insert for 6 weeks. I am going to do one more nasty week of the antibiotic cream prescribed by my doctor, then rinse it all out with hydrogen peroxide 6% (3% isn't strong enough, 9% too strong) and then begin the pessary. I can't tell you right now if it'll work but I am SICK of this problem. Was at a party last night where it was very warm and felt like people could smell me the whole time! I will let you know of it works. On top of that I'm going to cut my sugar and start having a lot of greens. If you want to do it with me I can email you the articles and websites I'm referring to. If this doesn't stop it I'll just get my vagina lasered off. My bank account would look much better if I gave up.

• Posted

Btw is the wash Johnson's baby wash? Didn't work for me but helps with the smell before I get sweaty.

• Posted

I have never actually been diagnosed with BV, but this is what has helped me...

washing with water only

using unperfumed/no dyes laundry detergent

stopping birth control (mini pill)

taking vitamin d3

taking probiotics

doing all of the above makes my symptoms manageable. I still get an odor if I wear skinny jeans for too long or wear too many layers. The biggest one for me was stopping birth control. The odor has reduced significantly since then, which was over 2 weeks ago.

• Posted

Well my advice is to stop using washes and hydrogen peroxide, to me that seems like it would provide temporary relief but make it worse in the long run. The less you do, the better, only warm water to wash, no scented anything...soap, pads, tampons etc. What really cured me is taking the specific strains L.Reuteri rc-14 and L.rhamonous Gr-1. Look up studies on it, theyre proven to kill bv biofilm. Within a week my vagina felt completely normal.

• Posted

Dear Nicole I understand your pain, I've been dealing with this for nearly 7 years. I was bullied in high school, cried myself to sleep, and was in a never ending what seemed like hell. The anxiety, the depression, the stress. I dont want to make this about me because it's not. The reason I said that is because I want you to understand that I know, felt, and have gone threw everything that you have my dear. And I want you to know that you are beautiful, and there is nothing that you should be ashamed of, okay? Nothing. What had helped me was a product on amazon called balance complex for women. You take two pills per day. This had for the most part kept my symptoms in check for two year. If you have any questions feel free to message me okay?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.