Cant believe this thought i was cured now its back again :(((((

Posted , 4 users are following.

gynaecologist said coming off the pill was my last resort so im never going to be able to get rid of BV now worried i wont be able to have children cos of this 😦((((

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Getting off the pill isn't your last resort. Get a new doctor. Try to find one who specializes in vaginal infections like BV. Don't despair. I have struggled with it for more than two years. I still have to stay on top of my routine but I have it under control now. I know how it can be with insurance referrals so here's what you might do if it takes some time before you see another doctor. This is what I do after many treatment attempts (and I tried it all).

If you can get a prescription for Metronidazole, get it. Once you're done with it, then use a boric acid suppository at night twice per week (you can get them on Amazon).

In addition, drink about 4 ounces per day of kombucha, which is rich in probiotics. It's not always convenient to keep kombucha around (I find I have a hard time with this part of the routine when I'm traveling.) so you might also want to get a feminine probiotic pill (one that's specifically for women's pH), which you can also get from Amazon. Take it when you can't keep up with the kombucha.

This is what I do now and it's been working for me for months. But I learned the hard way that if I don't keep up with this routine it will come back. Good luck to you.

• Posted

I thought I was out of options too, I found a new doctor and it has made a huge difference. Now I see a urogynecologist. Dont give up, get another opinion until you get better.

• Posted

thankyou the gynaecologist i saw said he may not be able to help me when i first saw him so that didnt fill me with confidence i will try your advice thankyou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.