I've had a total.knee replacement and an minipuatiin

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got a total knee replacement 3 months ago worked hard but could not get above 50 degrees so got an manipulation 3 days ago the surgeon got 75 degrees is thjs good enough for life, can constant physio help and what else may help me acheive more mobility

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I had my right knee replaced in August of last year. I was doing well with my PT, but couldn't get the knee to bend more or straighten, so I had a MUA done the end of December. My surgeon was able to get it to bend much further and I agree that it is improved. I still need to use what they call a "straightening" board that I strap my leg to work to break the scar tissue so it will straighten more. I was told that my knee probably won't bend anymore than it does now (95), but it is improved. I still have ongoing pain and that is the most frustrating of all as I was hoping the replacement would allow me to be "pain free" from what I had before. Everyone is different and every knee heals differently. I am working to accept my limitations. I will be going to a pain management clinic to help as my osteoarthritis has spread to my other knee, hips and back. I am not sure I will seek other "replacement" surgeries, but work to manage the pain and "just keep moving". Best of luck to you....keep going to your PT for as long as it still helps.

• Posted

after my MUA last week the surgeon got 75 degrees he was disapointed not as much as me, i work so hard but had a lot of problems since car hit myself,

my main worry is i loss some of my movement was thinking about buying a passive movement machine or what is the board you are talking about for straightening the leg.

@

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.