17 and struggling. Please help.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was playing football in the evening and I fell knee first badly.

I GOT UP and continued playing normally like nothing happened.

In night, when i went to sleep. I Can't move my right leg.

HUGE pain in right knee. I'm not able to fold my leg due to the excruciating pain.

I'm still on bed while i write this. I don't know what to do.

PLEASE HELP ME BY TELLING WHAT I MAY HAVE SO I CAN TAKE PRECAUTIONS.

ps. i dont want to tell my parents otherwise they will ban me from playing football.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry guy...you need to see an orthopedic surgeon. After exam and x-rays, he can probably pinpoint your problem. There are sooooo many things that can go wrong with a knee that no one, not even your family doc, can diagnose this. Need a knee doc. Find a local group that specializes in sports injuries. They usually take care of local high schools, colleges and pro teams. You can't hide this from your parents...

• Posted

Thanks for the response sir. Taking into consideration, I told my parents in the morning. They put 2 bandages tightly around my knee so that i couldn't bend it. I was bed ridden for an entire day. Now my knee pain is GONE. I'm happy.

Thanks for your kind support. 😃

• Posted

Hi Jake,

There could be multiple reasons why your knee is so bad. You need to tell your parents so they can take you to the Doctor. As far a as banning you from playing football. In your current state you can not play football anyway. You need help to get better.

Good Luck and keep in touch.

• Posted

Hey Jenni,

Finally, I did discuss this issue with my parents. They put those mummy bandages around my knee which supported my leg to be straight and fixed in one position throughout the day.

Now the pain is gone. I can start playing again.

Thanks for the response. Hope you get well soon. GOOD LUCK to you too. 😃 👍

• Posted

first thing,

did you win?

second, get the leg raised with ice on the knee.

third, seek medical advice for your knee.

• Posted

10-11 we lost 😢

I actually did apply an ice pack. It relieved the pain quickly for some time. Then after applying some ointment, I wrapped bandage around my knee.

As my pain is resolved, I am skipping the third thing 😂

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Have a good day 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.