Menopause it's like someone died.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Ever since entering menopause i feel like someone or maybe be me, like i died. that i'm just existing. not living. i feel like i'm just counting my days before it's time to leave. and leaving is a looong time away. i almost feel claustrophobic trapped in this limbo.

the abrupt total loss of libido and fertility has hit me hard. i turn away when i see young people. i feel like a freak. i don't feel like a woman and yet i'm not a man. I look thirty. i suppose i must be grateful for that but not really, its worse when people talk to me assuming i am young and then realize since i have grown up kids that i must be fifty, they look at me like i cheated them! well i refuse to change the way i dress as i am comfortable in jeans, t shirts and shorts sneakers. mostly i am in work out clothes because of my job. i just wish i could find meaning in living the rest of the years. i work out, eat right, drink water, sleep at the right time, read motivational books, go meet friends, volunteer on weekends etc etc all the things that one must do to beat depression. But nothing is working. I think that thing which controls happiness is broken or damaged or is not able to function without those hormones that we used to have. Anyone can relate? or am i just over reacting?

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

its so true and even harder when you see friends travellling out at events all the time and seemingly normal. sometimes you just feel like your zest for life has gone ...and a been there done that attitude . hopefully we can get it back and start living if we werent so bloody tired all the time !

• Posted

Yes this time in my life, I'm simply existing. Not excited about anything at all.. shopping, errands, movies, out to dinner, traveling.. absolutely nothing. It's sad. I'm most comfortable at home wearing the same frumpy clothes. I too keep thinking I'm ready to go BUT I'm sure I have another 30 years to go. So in the meantime just keep doing what your doing and hopefully it will balance itself out.

• Posted

you aren't alone

I look 30 but not, I so refuse to change the way I dress, because of my age

I love my sexy clothes and shoes

My sex drive goes and come, mostly goes, I refuse to give I'm to this strange unknown part of my life.

this group has been my saving graceπŸ€— don't give up

• Posted

I can relate to all of what has been said. I am 51 and unfortunately do not look 30. I believe I am classed as post menopausal. I have not had a period in around 4 years. I have had many symptoms which I didn't even realise were connected with the menopause. This year I have felt invisible; unattractive; and of little use to anyone; such a horrible feeling; I am so pleased to have rejoined this site, connecting with others who are experiencing the same; which helps you at least come to terms with the fact that you are not slowly going mad, this is a 'normal ' phase of what us as women have to go through.

I so relate to the happiness button part. I also take care of myself , eat well , exercise; etc but I do not seem to get excited about anything at the moment; and sex, something that I once enjoyed, forget it! I do want my life back, it would help to know when that is likely to happen, but there are no books out there that can tell me that. So much unknown? Cindy x

• Posted

Hi ladies

l HEAR YOU SISTERS ........ thankyou for posting how you feel lve been in a funk last few days and been trying to work out why, yep its hard lve been keeping a mood book going writing down what makes me happy, sadπŸ˜„πŸ˜’πŸ˜Ž etc and what makes my blood boil, need lots of pages for this lol 😠😠 but its helping along with this site . Take care and have the best day you can have today πŸ’•πŸ’• xxx

• Posted

Did you have a tendency for depression before menopause? If so, you are more likely to experience menopausal depression. There is also a symptom of menopause called "anhedonia", which is forgetting how to take pleasure. Did you say you were post menopausal and are you certain? Such feelings usually pass once you are through menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.