My second knee replacement

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 4 weeks, 5 days post op. TKR. But let me start by telling you what happened prior to this surgery. I had a replacement on the left 10 years ago. I went to my surgeon,, knowing it was time, my right leg was SO painful, with my leg bowing out. He did an x ray of both sides and said I had a fractured knee cap on the left. I don't care, the right one HURTS! well he sent me to his young associate, who said he was going to do a small revision and 6 weeks later I could have the right one done. I practically begged to have the right one done first. Ok, 2 surgeries, 4 hospital stays a tissue infection, sepsis and a pic line later I was able to start doing therapy for the left knee. By then my right one was so bad it was very limited what I could do. Dang, long story, huh? So 3 months later I got the right one done. I think I've done pretty well, stairs are still pretty scary. I know numbers are NOT important but I'm bending at 130° and 2° from straight. Still hurts, trying to stay away from the Oxy but haven't had a day that I didn't take at least one. My left knee bends well but I can't straighten it. It's like I have some muscle on the left side of my thigh, but the inside.. nothin! Well, good luck to you all I know it takes a year before you're 100%, lets take it slow.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

what a journey...sounds like you are on th road to recovery....good luck

• Posted

thats alot sounds like you are doing ok surgery for me APRIL ! REPARE OF PATELLA WIRES ANY ADVICE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.