7 months post-TAR

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 7 months out from total ankle replacement. Things are not going so well. I have been plagued with tendonitis in my peroneus tendon since October. My achilles tendon is tighter and more sore than before the surgery. The upper part of my foot, toes, and underneath my toes is still numb from surgery.

I didn't think this procedure would have left me in more pain than I ever had prior to surgery but alas, here I am. I'm dejected, frustrated, p****d off, sad, and depressed over this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Stay strong mama. No one will fight for you but you. Start PT if you haven't. Your body needs help adjusting. Look into myofacial release. Soft tissue is a real b**** when it comes to healing.

• Posted

Thank you Sara! I was doing PT and improving until I got a hairline fracture in my heel and had to go back in the boot for 3 weeks.

I will definitely look into the myofacial release! Thank you for the suggestion!

• Posted

Very sorry to hear of your problems. I do have to ask what experience and what level of success does your surgeon have of doing this procedure? What prosthesis did he use? What country are you in?

Cheers, Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.