I had 2nd tkr in left knee October 10, 2018, the pain is still horrible and knee is stiff please hel

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had 2nd total knee replacement on October 10, 2018 The pain is still horrible, i cant sleep and my knee is very stiff I was referred to pain management but it works only for my back and neck issues not touching the knee problems PLEASE HELP

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi....yes the pain can be horrible for several months. I used a compression ice pack kit (Amazon UK) and that really helped...used it several times a day. Plus codeine & 10% Ibuleve gel. Try to keep it elevated as much as you can too. Gradually you will see an improvement in the level of pain. Good luck! It is one hell of a journey but, like me, it was a necessary one. Kim x

• Posted

i too had lots if pain for what seemed like an age.

2 years on for me after my TKR and my pain is more like a dull ache and only some days now. Stiffness sets in if i sit too long but my ROM is great.

try and keep it moving and dose up on painkillers. i take ibuprofen on my bad days and elevate and massage.

no one understands what a long and painful journey this is until you experience it first hand.

my second knee will need doing soon and i must say i'm not looking forward to it one bit as its a life changing experience with a very long recovery.

get well wishes

• Posted

As this is your second TKR I assume you've tried everything that worked first time round. I wonder if hydrotherapy might help with the stiffness and pain providing it's very gentle. Moving the knee in warm water might help. Otherwise I think you might need to get an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon, even a dfferent one for a second opinion if you've been back to the original and they can't help.

• Posted

I am wondering if swimming would help.

Much easier to do exercises in the water.

I had TKR 7 years ago and could not wait to get back in the pool.

I went back at 6 weeks.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.