Bakers cyst

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi has anyone got or had a Bakers cyst@ If so what treatment did u have please?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have mine long time 20+ years , apart from occasional short painful swelling behind my knee it does not really bother me. Although small swelling is always there.

When I had recent MRI in the uk - surgeon havent even bother to inform me I had it.

My private surgeon informed me I have it there- that made me feel good as I kept going about lump behind my knee for years , but no one believed me.

I was told I am making it up. and it looks exactly the same.

Apparently they dont have to be removed if they dont cause too much bother

• Posted

Sorry you were gaslighted by a dr , not the for the first time have I heard people saying that they were not believed even when drs were presented with the evidence. I am glad u are ok . Best wishes

• Posted

I had one behind my knee which burst one morning, I felt it run down inside my leg. I mentioned it a few days later at the docs and was told I should have gone straight to docs or A & E.

• Posted

Hi Jenny, I've got a Bakers cyst now after having a total knee replacement 10 weeks ago. I've had it twice before on the same knee. The first time was excruciating, I couldn't walk down the stairs at work and had to slide down! The doc said it would go by itself but if it burst and the fluid went down my calf, the pain could be confused with a DVT so I should go to A&E to be sure of what it was. It didn't burst but just went down over about a week, with the pain slowly wearing off. The second time i had it, it wasn't really painful at all except if I laid on it at night. This one popped up after my op, and seems to come and go...its not painful but means i cant get my knee fully straight, which was frustrating my physio! My consultant wasn't worried about it and its getting easier to straighten my knee now so its not bothering me. I don't think there's much you can do apart from draining it if its too painful. Hope it goes for you soon 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.