Went to Dr today for menopause and anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone . I have been dealing with a lot if symptoms from menopause dry eyes, ringing in my ears, migraines, joint pain, and feeling almost a disconnect from the world like I am going crazy. I have had all test done they come back fine. so I can't handle this in my own no more. I went to a walk in clinic and Dr has given me estrogel and lorazapam just to get me through until the estrogel kicks in. Has anyone taken this and can you take natural progesterone cream with it. I didn't not want to go this route but my quality of life was going down hill and I have a fear I might loose my job.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have not tried those but I understand how you feel. The symptoms were affecting my job and ability to make money as well as my quality of life. Good for you for taking the beginning steps to take back your life and be happy again. It felt like an alien had taken over my body, I felt so disconnected.

It may take several different doses or methods of treatment, trial and error, but there is light at the end of the tunnel 😃

• Posted

Thank you, I am trying to take my life back especially for my daughter. This forum is the only place I can come to reassure myself that I am not going crazy 😊

• Posted

Hi Karen, I'm currently go through the menopause, and I've been suffering with ringing in my ears, which I've seen ENT about, and they believe its tinnitus, but I will be having it confirmed next week, but all the symptoms I have relating to tinnitus I believe it is. Also I do suffer with headaches, joint pain etc and yes you do feel like you're disconnected from the outside world. I am more moody than usual but my endocrine doctor referred me to gynaecologyand they prescribed me provera tablets and patches to help with the sweats. Although it helps a little, it hasn't really taken the symptoms away, but they are a little more manageable. Did your doctor refer you or prescribe anything to help?

• Posted

sorry just spotted you have been prescribed something. If I were you talk to your doctor again or ask to be referred to gynaecology.

• Posted

hope it'll help. you will also get review appointments if you referred to gynecology, and then they can tweak your meds every few months , and hopefully it will help. I'm due to go back to mine in June to see how I am coping

• Posted

Hi Karen

ive been here and i feel for you its horrible however..... there is light ahead.. first off save your job.. force yourself to get outside as much as possible!!! This helps huge.. Start walking or anything similar and if you already are...walk more.. It helps so much with anxiety and depression.. this is a huge start..

next know u ate not going crazy and you are not alone!! if i miss one day without excercise i notice a difference..

Along with this can u find a menopause clinic.. I did and it changed my life.. i decided to go on the pellet but theres many different forms.. cream, patch etc.. over the counter fir me just wasnt the same and too risky.. Bio Identical hormone replacement will change your life.. I had to find my balance which dr's will help u with.. I have no more anxiety or depression no hot flashes.. I sleep like a baby and feel like the old me.. Hormone replacement for some of us is essential for our quality of like.. I thought i was going to go crazy and it was horrible.. I even had the ear ringing yes.. re:aspirin causes this too.. walking on the lunch hour cleared me head and heart.. I hope this helps hugzzzz

Karen M

• Posted

Thanks so much for replying this makes me feel like Im not alone and its not all in my head.How did you find the menopause clinic.? 🤗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.