Anxiety shortness of breath all the time..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been dealing with major anxiety lately worried about my breathing.. I was seen about 2 or 3 weeks ago for a chest xray and it was clear but I'm still experiencing extreme shortness of breath and feeling like it's hard to get a deep breath in.. I have really bad GERD so idk if it could be a symptom of that or what but its worrying me 😦 This is been going on for a while

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ive felt this 24/7 for 2 years gasping for a deep satisfying breath once every minute barely able move bed ridden with no answer as to why worst possible stuff ever

• Posted

Yup, bed ridden at one point. It actually started one day out of the blue. I walked 3 to 6 miles everyday. Then one day in the middle of my walk all of a sudden I could not catch my breath. Three years later I am still not right. Every test under the sun, no diagnosis except for anxiety. Told to exercise more but when it feels like you are drowning....

Shortness of breath can actually be caused by GERD. I also have GERD. GERD and anxiety go hand and hand, many people have both. Who knows what caused the other? You know the old saying "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" Anyways GERD can cause pressure, I tend to do better after a burp. It can cause inflammation in the lungs and a high rate of GERD suffers also get asthma. I was tested for this and apparently my lung capacity is actually better than most people my age. I also read that the nerves that tell your body that you are hungry and the ones that tell you that you need to catch a breath run next to each other. Damage from GERD can confuse the signal to the brain. I suspect that this is my problem. This is what many people call this "air hunger." If you look that term up you will find many like yourself with no real answers, just guessing.

Lately it has let up a little. I am getting fat again. Lol in my life when I am fat I am happy usually. I loose weight when I am high anxiety because I cant eat. The problem is that with all that bed rest, I have become out of shape. So I still get out of breath and am not sure of the reason so excising progress is very slow.

• Posted

I know what you mean. With my anxiety it seems like it's something new body-wise every couple of months. Ofcourse I've experienced the shortness of breath in the past with anxiety but it's only occured during an actual anxiety or panic attack so this on going, can hardly breath, drowning feeling is driving me insane. I haven't been back to the doctor only because I know they're just going to tell me it's my anxiety. I feel like a weight is on top of my chest and I have a toddler to run after so this is just annoying.

• Posted

Have you ever tried CBD?? I have taken another natural supplement for years and it helped with so many menopausal issues including anxiety. But after researching and taking CBD, my anxiety is at an all time low!! I love how it makes me feel normal and less stressed all the time. I always thought CBD was marijuana, totally misinformed. Hugs!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.