Pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

can not stop pain in knee and legs i am fighting not having tkr dont know what to do yesterday ice today heat ive got lyica and predisone for med the pain is unbearable i use pain patches use every rub u can think of even vick i do acuputure refleclogy stretches mediate pray help what am i missing doc say im doing great ??????? and when your ready tkr i read all the post on tkr and it just doesnt feel for me help the pain does not stop

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

The TKR does not always make things better. I could write a book on mine. I won't ever have my other knee done.

• Posted

I agree with Martha...I will not get other knee done.such a long and painful process..it takes 18months to 2 years for some of us to feel human again.

• Posted

get it down why keep suffering and taking drugs get with your surgeon and arrange this not sure if its workmans comp or out of your pocket but if you can afford it go for it I'm in my 2nd week post tkr and honestly i feel better already also try using stem treatment buy your own use them with a heating bad works great then followed by icing day and night

• Posted

Don't be discouraged by the negative post about tkr that you read here. Personally, I believe when tkr are successful, people go on with their everyday lives because all of a sudden they find that they aren't in constant pain anymore, and they've gotten on with enjoying their pain free knee. The ones that still have problems find websites like this to voice their unhappiness about their tkr results, and to see if others are just as unhappy. I say this because I am one of those people. Seven years ago I had my right knee replaced and after a few months of PT and healing, my knee was pain free and functioned perfectly, end of story. Fast forward 7 years, had my left knee replaced last year, didn't heal nicely like the right one did. Had arthroscopic surgery to remove loose scar tissue from it 4 months ago and got some pain relief but knee was still unstable and mildly painful. Turns out my PCL failed, and I need a different implant that is posterior stabilizing. Revision tkr surgery is next month, June 20. All of this to say, I wouldn't have considered tkr on the left knee if my right tkr hadn't been so successfu, and just because my left tkr recovery has been sketchy, l still have hope that it can be made right, like my right one, and all of this will have been proven to be worth it in the long run. Best wishes to you, whatever you decide to do. Whatever you decide, go at it 100% and fight the good fight!

• Posted

so you admit you were a nay sayer at first. ? and yet you want us to stop being negative. don't know where you are, but in the USA we are a free country and that means freedom of speech. good day.

• Posted

So sorry Eimmarg, my reply was meant for Ron....

• Posted

I'm in the USA, and a big supporter of free speech. That's what I was doing, speaking freely tying to encourage someone who was seeking opinions of others. I WAS NOT PUTTING ANYONE DOWN FOR THEIR OPINIONS OR COMMENTS. I was simply pointing out that the reason there were so many people on this site that are unhappy with their tkr is because the people who WERE happy with their tkr's had no reason to come to a site like this, their surgeries were successful, so they've moved on living and didn't have a reason to come to a site like this to see if others were having the same problems with their tkr, because they themselves weren't having a problem. Does that make sense? Wasn't putting anyone down for their posts on this site, was just trying to point out that I didn't feel the need to visit this site with my first successful tkr because I had zero issues. My second tkr wasn't successful, so I found this sire and came to it to seek out others who were having, or have already had revision tkr. Didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry if I did. God Bless and have a blessed day.

• Posted

I have tried all of things you have mentioned.

Additionally I have used a TENS device. This has given some relief. I also have used massage by a LMT, gave me hours of pain relief. Best sleep I've had since tkr. I continually massage tkr area.

• Posted

i use tens and a hand held sonagram or unta sound machine w hat ever it is called i put cream on and put machine on it it penatrants deep thanks for every one taking time to respond

• Posted

Two things to try...

• Synvisc. This fluid is injected into the knee...kind of "oils" the joint. One version is one shot and lasts up to six months. Another is three shots over 14 days and lasts up to a year. I had the second type done for many tears in my 50's. Once I moved to a warmer climate, I didn't need it anymore. Got to 68 and the knee acted up...nothing to do but a TKR. The Synvisc put it off for years.
    • Coolief. This is an FDA-approved procedure for osteoarthritis and inflammation in knees, hips, shoulders and lower back. Docs inject high-speed fluid into the area and flush out all the crap. I really wrenched my left hip over three months ago and nothing helped. The MRI showed a lot of inflammation at the point in the hip near the bursa where the gluteus minor attaches to the trochanter of the hip...luckily, no tear. Having the procedure done this Thursday.
  • Posted

thats a loaded question! well,if u have tried everything possible and nothing is working then maybe ur fighting the inevitable! yes,it's painful,yes,it's a long healing process but now it's more about quality of life. im not saying it's the anwser but i am saying if all else has failed.... Good luck &i hope u make the decision that's right for u 😊 I've had a tkr& I'm still dealing with it a year &3 surgeries later! my latest surgery was just last Wednesday!!

• Posted

just got a quell relief machine its like a stronger tens ????? on my way to doc now my legs knee calves thiegs are screaming in pain im at my wits end and speechless i change rhemy doc and i should go back to old one the new one was way to busy i was in room 6 minutes and he said see ya in two weeks and we will see how you are doing he did increase my pred and lycia w hich enabled me to sleep st night at least 4 to 5 hours my legs are also very cold ????? help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.