Umbilical stem cell injections in knee

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone had an umbilical cord stem cell injection in their knee? I know they say it can take up to a year for the stem cells to keep growing but I am on my seventh month and the pain is still not a lot better. I was told not to take anti inflammatory medicines but they didn't say for how long. Does anyone know how long before I can take NSAIDs for the pain?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

sorry to say but i had stem cells injected into me knee and had no relief. 11 months later i gave in to having a tkr. That toO unfortunately has not gone well.I am 4 months post TKR and still have so much pain and very limited mobility Good Luck with whatever you choose

• Posted

I did stem cell injections twice. Didn't help at all and did bilateral knee replacement 10 months later as I had lost the ability to even get up one step or walk more than five minutes. But I believe some people get good results. I spoke to one gentleman who had instant relief.

• Posted

I did stem cell injections twice. Didn't help at all and did bilateral knee replacement 10 months later as I had lost the ability to even get up one step or walk more than five minutes. But I believe some people get good results. I spoke to one gentleman who had instant relief.

• Posted

I knew someone who did it , it didnt make any difference ,

• Posted

Just be aware that 20% of TKR's can have problems and people are not happy with the results. I am 7 months after a TKR and I am worse off after the surgery. I didnt need a cane prior to surgery, i still have pain and am very unstable walking.

• Posted

Thank you for the answers. I am having some success with this procedure and know several people who were very happy with it. I am told it will continue to get better. I will have to wait and see . I am at seven months. Some said it was nine months and a year for their full results. My question is about the NSAIDs as I would like to take them when I want to do a lot of walking. That is when I have the pain.

• Posted

You should ask a doctor about NSAID's. This forum does not have medical professionals answering questions.

• Posted

There is some evidence that non steroidals are not good for cartilage repair. I had cartilage resurfacing 3 months ago and I could still consider the knee is not better compare to pre- op but old pain has gone and the new pain is improving slovly day by day. If my knee hurts in the morning ? - it is not the operated one, but the one not done. I was given home and water exercises, but I was told only to do what doesnt cause me the pain. I dont think you should push yourself and keep moving ainst the pain or to do more and take pills. I BELIEVE THIS IS DIFFERENT TO POST TKR 's advice and recovery. AS AFTER TKR IS Cruciall to keep moving .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.