How do you cope with the many symptoms of an endo flare up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know that everyone's experience with endo and the symptoms are varied. During my flare ups I experience nausea, extreme fatigue, no appetite or increased appetite, headaches,extreme cramps and hot flashes. Is there anyone that has some of these same symptoms that has found some tips of how to cope with them or things to help manage them?

With every flare up I get more frustrated because I can't seem to find relief.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have u consulted your gynae? I had mine removed in Feb and undergoing my HRT. How often do u get cramps? My case is pretty similar symptom except I would hv zero appetite which had resulted in major weight loss

• Posted

Hi, I had a stage 4 endo last year and removed it in last Aug. Its been a year and its been a ride. I had my zoladex shots for 6 months right after my lap so everything went fine except my period has stopped for almost 3 months now. The pain has gone ever since the operation. But before the operation, the symptoms are pretty much the same as yours except my appetite was down all the time. I was feeling full mostly. Pain was the main symptom, no pain killer has worked for me anymore. I would suggest you to remove it although there is no complete fix for endo. I still have mine a few left as it very difficult and risky to remove all of them so I have to deal with it for but no more pain for now. I am going to see the doctor this week for my late period (not pregnant).

Update us and stay strong.

• Posted

Hi my symptoms are a bit different. I have burning pain in vagina and rectal pain around period. Sometimes bleeding with stools. I cope by doing pelvic muscle movement. 15 min a day. I also eat a lot of Turmeric and have changed my diet totally. There a book which has really helped. It's by Dr Cook. Epson salt baths also help with relaxing the muscles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.