Herbs for healthy uterus after myomectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello again,

I had my surgery more than three weeks ago. The healing is going well.

I have been researching natural ways to have a healthy uterus and minimize the chances of getting fibroids again. The internet is full of all kinds of content and I have some consultants back home( I am originally from the Middle East)

I have to say that I am confused between Fenugreek, Marjoram, Garden Creeds, tumeric and garlic and onions. Their uses seems to help with one common area; inflmmation which has been connected to fiberiods as far as I understand.

Have you used any herbs that you felt has helped? Do you think it can be helpful?

I always think of elderly women in my extended family, herbal drinks were staple in their lives and they lived long and had many childern. But then I have to remind myself that they married young and had- what I daresay - better diet despite hard lives.

I am happy to hear from you, even if you tell me to cut all of this and just eat healthy and exercise.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello there,

Nice to hear from you.. in my opinion, its advisable to cook with these herbs and spices, its best to cook with them and do not leave them out.

To me this is what is wrong with our 21st century life, now, that these wonderful spices and herbs not everyone knows what to do with them or use them in their cooking - people now want everything quick, fast and easy.

Herbal drinks are good too - i am now drinking more and more, with the odd coffee/ black tea once a month, I hear Green tea, is good, but I also drink Raspberry leaf tea too. I would encourage you to exercise, eat well, with those herbs and spices , you have mentioned. Onions and garlic , great for the heart and blood pressure..

Keep going...

• Posted

Thank you. Yes I missed green tea. It is simply great.

I will try to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I will also try to do yoga and meditation and( I will post some other time about that).

I heard about the Raspberry leave. I wonder how different it is from other herbs.

• Posted

Hi. I had my surgery 2 years ago and I feel great. I use a tumeric capsule a day and a tablespoon of blackseed oil every day. so far my periods have not been terrible and I am not in so much pain.

• Posted

That is great. Blackseed oil is very popular where I come from. They call it the 'blessed seed'. the seeds are so delicious with pastries, too.

• Posted

Herbs can work but it is best to go to a qualified and experienced professional who help you. also it depends on your health too. Herbs do not work quickly like prescribed medication from a General Practitioner e.g. Doctor

I used herbs years ago. My doctor was a qualified practitioner. everything was done by prescribed medication mixed by a professional. They did help but we're not as effective compared to drugs

• Posted

Thank you. The thing with doctors even in my country they don't like to talk about alternative options. And I understand why but still I feel people can be their own doctors but they have to be attune with their bodies . I am far from that because of complications of life but been trying

• Posted

I'm not too sure about herbs but I'll send you some info on essential oils.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.