knee problem

Posted , 8 users are following.

dear sir

I have undergone total knee replacement. I am going to complete 4months after surgery in 5dayes. I am active. I do cycling, walking and other exercises daily. Sometimes I feel severe burning sensation in my knee joints. What I should do.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You don't say how active you were pre-op. Maybe you are overdoing it a bit, it's still relatively early days for full activities. Listen to your body and rest before it starts hurting. Getting back to pre-op level of activity will take time and patience.

• Posted

I thought that exercises were the key to getting better, but it had the opposite effect. It sounds like your muscles are telling you to take it easier on them. I experienced that same burning sensation.

Be patient and kind to yourself by listening to your body telling you how much to do. I am 10 months post operation and recently decided to stop physio and am already feeling better because of that decision.

• Posted

I googled Symptoms of burning in the knee!

In athletes it's common. This may help you find your answer!

Take care

• Posted

Stop pushing the knee!!!!! This is a slow, gradual recovery. If the knee hurts, you've done waaaay too much. Get a fit bit to count your steps. Time and distance are irrelevant; it's the STEPS that put the load on the knee. Count and track them. Pain and swelling? Stop, note the number of steps, recover, then increase gradually.

Also, cycling alone does not complete the recovery. You have to do the strength work to rebuild your quads, glutes and core to walk correctly, regain your balance and be able to do stairs. Reduce the cycling and walking and spend some time on muscle strength...

Muscle Rebuild

This takes time, work and patience. Be Zen: "The knee will better when it is better.". No rushing...

• Posted

Listen to your body yes you may think to yourself feel fine i can do it But your body is still recovering. After a couple of months I felt absolutely fit so went for a long walk up hills etc well I paid the price was laid up afterwards for a few days did exceed it. So listen to your body it knows when you're overdoing it and it'll tell you. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.