Urolift procedure 7 days still can’t pee

Posted , 7 users are following.

i had the procedure done 7 days ago and still cant pee on my own. has anyone else had this experence?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had Urolift done about 14 months ago. They pulled the cath on me at 3 days. I couldn't pee so they put it back in and pulled it at 5 days after the area had some more time to heal and I peed and have been fine for over a year (spicy foods and alcohol excepted). What does your Uro say? Is he saying everyone's different ...?

• Posted

YES that is exactly what he said. All i know i was peeing when i went in there and now im not. So your saying you went after 8 days?

• Posted

Most likely your prostate is swollen. This can take 5-6 weeks to clear up. Everyone is different, so many are OK right away. Give this some time.

• Posted

I hope thats all it is but 5 weeks is a long time not to be able to go to work. I am an electrician and there is no way i can go to work like this. As long as i can pee as good as i did when i went in there i will gladly take that over using a self cath any day. If i knew what i know now there is no way i would have done this. I wasnt emptying my bladder all the way and was on meds for it for a couple of years and the doctor told me he couldnt let me keep walking around like this or i eventually end up in the er and have a catheter the rest of my life. Well so far thats where he put me now. I had no trouble peeing it was a slow stream sometimes and didnt fully empty. Im on my 8th day today and i have progressed to a couple of drips and maybe a tiny squirt before having my wife use the catheter Anyone have a similar experience as this and if so, when you started to pee did it come all at once or start with drips?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.