Physical Symptoms when not Anxious? SYmptoms worse?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello Everyone - On days when I'm very anxious my physical symptoms are worse (muscle twitching, tingling, weakness, trembling, pains, etc.). But I also have symptoms when I'm not feeling anxious. My doctor said it's because my anxiety has not been treated & I'm still focused on it even if I don't realize it. I've had all kinds of tests to rule out everything. I've had twitching every day for 7 months...has anyone else had symptoms even on days when they dont feel they are anxious- like daily symptoms? That's whats making me feel like it's not anxiety causing symptoms even though my doctor/neurologist say it is. I'm so sick of feeling like something is horribly wrong. I just keep thinking the worst....I have this fear I have something that I'm going to die young from & my kids will be without me.

Also - do physical symptoms of anxiety get worse if the anxiety isnt treated? Do you get more & the ones you have get worse? That's how I'm feeling rigjt now. SO BEYOND SCARED.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I believe anxiety causes a lot-- worrying, fearful, etc.... it snowballs. It might be a good idea to talk with the Dr about your anxiety. Treatment could help a lot.

• Posted

This is exactly me 100%. Its the thing I have the most trouble understanding. Why am I tingling and burning and in pain when I don't feel anxious? when I am anxious it gets much more intense though and I get so overwhelmed. I just feel hopeless. It terrifies me. I am so sorry you are going through this. It has to be the toughest thing I have ever been through. Its hard to keep hopeful but please keep trying. I will let you know if anything is helpful for me and maybe you can do the same. its important to remember not to blame yourself and be kind to yourself.

• Posted

Yes, I have the same. I have anxiety symptoms 24/7. When I not worry, not thinking, doing gardening,... still have anxiety symptoms. For me, I have more symptoms now than begining. At the beginning, I just had a little bit of headaches, and then it got worse to the point I could not handle it.

I am taking medications for anxiety.

• Posted

do you find that you are helped by the meds? i have resisted taking anything but some essential oils. in the past i had ocd with intrusive scary thoughts, i just tried to stay busy and working out really helped. but it took me almost 3 full years to really feel healed completely. i wonder sometimes if a med would have helped me recover a little faster.

• Posted

My headaches started in Sep 2018, and got worse. I was treated as migraines for 6 months. The headaches was still worse and worse. Until, I had chest pain, went to ER, they said Anxiety Disorders. (I would like to end my life at that time, too much head, chest and body pain and weak.) It is very terrible.

So, I started taking Duloxetine and Xanax. I have taken those med for 6 months and they helped, I fell 80% better. Duloxetine takes many weeks to kick in and works very slowly. I work full-time, so I need to take xanax every day: 0.25 mg, 3 times/day. My doctor said it is ok to take xanax every day until I feel good.

I wish we have a magic wand to help us back to our "normal" life.

Let me know whether you find a medication that help you. Remember, most antidepressants have side effects about 2 weeks.

• Posted

yes i have exactly the same get even more anxious and upset ,when i feel i am getting on with my day and suddenly out if the blue my giddiness and feeling unsteady return and every time i panic and convince myself it is something more than my anxiety , but considering i have had it off and n for years and all sorts of tests ,i know that it is my anxiety why will it not leave us all alone to get on with our lives

• Posted

i'm typing this while feeling terrible chest pressure i'm almost convinced this is something else ... it's so scary. i just hold on to the thought that my ecg, 2decho and others came back all fine months ago. still all these physical symptoms despite not being anxious at first then makes me anxious. i wish we could all wake up like we used to..

• Posted

Hiya! i'm sorry to hear you're feeling like this! i'm going through the EXACT same thing atm! terrified of dying as i have a young daughter with all those physical symptoms even when i'm not having an 'anxious' day! unfortunately this has only just started for me recently and still suffering from these physical symptoms! hopefully i will be on medication soon but in time hope it will get better! you are not alone 😃 keep strong!

• Posted

I am currently having this exact issue. Even when I'm not anxious, if I even think about feeling weak, or any symptoms associated with an anxiety attack I begin to get anxious. I hate that my brain psyches itself out because I really can't stop it. Please update me if you find answers or learn of a way to cope with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.