menopause and anxiety. Just started on estrogen. Will it help??

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 43 and had one ovary removed in 2013 and the proceeded to have a partial hysterectomy in 2016. My doc saved my ovary. So here I am three years later with hot flashes, anxiety ( scared of the next moment) not feeling like myself, hair thinning, racing thoughts. Had lab work done and my doc says that i am officially menopausal. My question is will the estradiol 1 mg daily help? And how soon can I expect to feel better?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Jessica!

I can empathise with you totally - I'm in full surgical menopause (both ovaries removed) and I'm also scared of the next minute too! (And the hot flushes are horrible).šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

I'm about to re start HRT (oral type, as I don't absorb patches or gel - as per my blood tests at the menopause clinic I attend).

We can support each other on our HRT journey, if you like?

Sending hugs. xxxx

• Posted

Did your doc tell you how long it will take to kick in? Started estradiol yesterday.

• Posted

Jessica, it can take a while. Usually 7 to 10 days to start seeing some differences - up to 4 to 6 weeks to stabilise and up to 3 months to feel the full benefits. This is according to my menopause consultant. This can vary a little from person to person. Keeping a journal of how you're feeling can help to track your progress, too. šŸ‘šŸ’•šŸ’•

• Posted

Hi I hav just started the gel how do u no if u absorbing it? Am terrified it won't work!! As spent 3 mths bn told I had labyrinthitis dizzy fuzzy head tiniitus but blood test came back slightly abnormal??? I'm so afraid I'moosing the plot! Prisoner in my home!! 6 days in and no different!

• Posted

hello Jessica, did your doctor do what is called I believe an FSH test for your hormones, because the true reading of our hormones is a saliva test. do you also have what is called a compounding pharmacist in your area ? I did a saliva hormone test and got a script from my doctor to have my pharmacist custom make a cream based off my results. do you also elimiminate sugar, caffeine and alcohol from your diet, it is crucial with the feelings youā€™re having. Also do you take supplements, there is a probiotic specifically for mood which includes anxiety, if you donā€™t take a probiotic, it is crucial that you take one every morning, like clockwork. I canā€™t say this enough times on this forum, all of our health starts in our gut, thatā€™s why a probiotic is so important. Also there are a couple different supplements you can take for anxiety, 5-HTP & L -THEANINE. You can take them during the day and at bedtime, but again you would want to make a routine of it. Yoga and deep breathing work very well for Anxiety. Also when you start to feel anxious, drink a glass of water, also make sure you are drinking enough water all throughout the day. Go outside barefoot and stand in the grass, breathe in five seconds, hold five seconds, breathe out five seconds. Then look around and name two things that you can see, touch, taste, smell and hear. we have to be huge advocates at this time for ourselves. Also try to get your diet as healthy as possible, try to eliminate preservatives and additives, they do make a difference. For example in almost all chocolate, except for organic, and I think even in some organic choc. is a product called Soy Lecithin, that causes hot flashes and other physical issues. And it can take several days to get out of your system from just one bite. remember that youā€™re not alone, best wishes

• Posted

Hi I started on gel twice daily and 2 tablets for 7 days out off a 28 day cycle! I week in?

• Posted

i was told my gyno and endocronolgist the hrt works only for hot flashes does nothing for mood! who to believe who knows!! i know im peri been for few years every month is different today im tired anxious and emotional all over the place

• Posted

Hello Christina, that is not true at all, I donā€™t even know where they would come up with such craziness, Iā€™m sorry they misinformed you. When I was on compounded HRT from my pharmacist, my mood lifted the first day, I know itā€™s not going to do this for everyone, but the dark thoughts were gone and my rage and anger, that was always there, for years, at 3 PM, was gone as well. I would be penning a letter to both telling them how incompetent they are, and that they need to take extended training in menopause and HRT. It really brings tears to my eyes how much these doctors miss inform us. I currently have my gynecologist office leaving me voicemails about my yearly and Iā€™m not answering because I donā€™t wanna go, because I donā€™t wanna be fed more baloney. And I have an appointment with a follow up with my GP that I donā€™t wanna go to you either because he grotesquely misinformed me last time as well. But then what are we left with, switching doctors yet again, taking a chance yet again. I just avoid doctors all together unless I absolutely have to go. again Iā€™m sorry they missed informed you, itā€™s just very pathetic what we women are left with as far as this shuffleboard game of doctors. hugs to you ...xo

• Posted

Lisa, can I just ask which symptoms you are still dealing with despite being on HRT - and also what your regime is? Also (if you don't mind) what age you were at surgery? I have to see my meno. consultant in December, should really be going to see my GP too but I really can't be bothered. I feel like I've given up......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.