Dry eyes getting me down.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Any new, simple answers out there? Thanks, Dena

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am not surprised Dry Eyes is getting you down. I find it trying and it needs constant managing to minimise discomfort and interference with clear vision. I use two remedies, the second advised by my Optomotrist.

1. every morning on rising I splash each eye a couple of times with tap water to remove any crusty particles from my eye lashes; then I bathe each eye in saline using a full eye bath. I rinse the eyebath before and after bathing each eye.

2. during the day when needed I use Hysbak eye drops which I buy from the Optometrist.

I prepare a bottle of saline using boiling water and common salt. I then use it cold and find it comfortable. I found that if I used only the eyedrops a gummy residue made my vision bleery after two or three days.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

Depending on your eyes you may be a candidate for punctal plugs. This is where they insert plugs into the lower punta of both eyes. This keeps tears from draining through the lower punta. Some would still drain through the upper puncta. But it helps retain moisture in the eye. Very quick to insert.

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies. My life has changed drastically since I have chronic dry eyes. The method i use for relief is to wash my eyes with no tears baby shampoo,and one drop of Tea Tree Oil. I rinse well, then put cedifill lotion on my face. Then I apply Manuka Honey to my eyelids, followed by Systane eyedrops. Some times I use Refresh the regular kind . If i devieate from this procedure at all, things dont go well. I long gof a simple answer. I had the plugs,it didn't work for me. Dena

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.