Infection

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had bronchiectasis for some years which is managed successfully with azithromycin 3 times a week. Occasionally I will get a cold which leads to a chest infection which i manage with doxycycline. A few days ago i had a pain below my left shoulderblade. The next day the pain was in my chest accompanied with fatigue. I have very little cough and hardly any sputum. I have commenced doxcycline (on my second day now) as I feel it must be a chest infection. Anyone else had similar experience with atypical symptoms?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean, I am like you with the low dose antibiotics 3 times a week and foster..preventer. I have experienced exactly what you have experienced, I do get what I call knife in the back, a very sharp pain in between my shoulder blades, I get this when I'm trying to cook dinner or do too much , but it goes off after laying down for ten minutes. if you dont feel any better I would go and get it checked out. take care. Pam.

• Posted

When I get a chest infection, amongst other lung conditions I have bronchiectasis, it is true it sort of radiates from the shoulder blade BUT there are other conditons that can cause shoulder blade pain so best see doctor.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of other conditions & will get it checked out when I' m home again. (on holiday at the mo!)

• Posted

Hello Jean

I am on the same medication and regime as your self and have the same symptoms of sharp pains under my left shoulder blade . i find i get it if i have been standing for two long or exerting my self like gardening cleaning i have a heat pad that goes over my shoulders that relives it for me . I treat it like an alarm my body s telling me its time to stop and smell the roses . It is a good idea to have it checked out to make sure nothing else is going on . I'm a great believer in knowing what your dealing with makes it easier to manage .

regards May

• Posted

Thank you. Yes thats good advice to treat it as a warning sign.......I must take note!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.