reflux and lightheadedness

Posted , 5 users are following.

is it just me or does anyone else experience sometimes that they feel light headed and that about to faint feeling which gets better in a few seconds or minutes ? is this reflux?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

yes I get that also a feeling like I'm dizzy and I get a feeling like it hard to breathe with pressure on my chest

• Posted

last night I was exhausted, came home got into bed and layed on my right side! All of a sudden, I felt pressure in my head, felt dizzy, and like I was gonna throw up! Then I got this awful burning from my stomach into my throat...I went off the diet and had a margarita and Mexican food, not spicey...It was 3am when I last looked at the clock.. was an awful nights sleep...last week I had a pinching pain in my chest left side and it wouldnt go away so I drove myself to the hospital thinking it was my heart.. several test and the doctor said everything was fine. He said reflux has the same symptoms.. Today back on my strict diet..as far as short of breath I always have that.. When I do everything for the diet I am perfectly fine. It amazes me what symptoms you get from gerd..I was always clearing my throat, Earache, but never felt like I had reflux... burning rarely but the doctor said Its all symptoms of then reflux.. I had no symptoms for the last few years so I. thought I could eat normally. Apparently Not

• Posted

hi I think your right you will have to watch your diet for ever I get burning and stinging that travels up to my throat . always try and lie on your left side apparently lying on right side makes the acid come up

• Posted

Oh my goodness, yes! I feel for you, its awful. I also have pinching in chest , i can only describe it like electric shock. I've also been having widespread nerve time pain, pinching and pins and needles. Pressure in head and ears ringing too. This is all doing my head in. I'm currently going through the menopause at the moment which i am sure does not help. Doctor put me on Lansoprazole the other day so really hoping and praying it kicks in soon. I hope you get sorted, get answers and treatment you need.

• Posted

same it just felt like them about to die feelings energyless and light headed then it rezolved by itself somethimes i feel some weird air my nose too and pressure on my chest like i cant breathe . totally scary . and pain in my left arm soemtimes too that goes away byitself . is this all reflux?

• Posted

God that must be scary ! trust me ive been to a and 11 times with the same feeling they never find anything its devistating

• Posted

it could be also do you think your getting panicked by your syptoms

• Posted

yes somtimes i do get panicked i over think too . the thing is many times in my ecg i get t wave invesions only small ones and st abnormalities but the doctor said its normla ur bloods are fine some people just have it but i cant help thinking about it and stress myself out

• Posted

no chocolate, potato chips, wine, beer, no spicy food, no carbonated beverages, no coffee, small meals 5x a day, chew slowly, never let yourself get hungry I carry crackers if I won't eat on time, stay away from anxiety, try walking when I can. get sleep and elevate upper body to sleep, get a massage 2x a month. so for breakfast I may have cereal, then mid morning a banana, lunch bland meal, snack then dinner, bland ex. chicken with no spices, about 8pm I have 1/2 a sandwich. it gets easier with time...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.