Marrying a girl with siblings disabilities

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI, I am about to marry a girl, she is all well mentally and physically. However she has 4 siblings, 2 of them has mental illnesses and physical disability and 1 has physical disability. Is there a risk of my children disability if I get married with that girl?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have worked a lot with children with emotional and/or physical disabilities. Some of them are hereditary. I do not know what disabilities they have. You would need to know what the diagnoses of the siblings are to really know. Bipolar runs in the family and others. You could always do a google search to find out the cause once you know the diagnosis.

• Posted

Bet she would be well impressed to realise how shallow you are that you asked perfect strangers a question you should be asking her if it bothers you so much, at least that would give her an idea of just how much she means to you and dumps you

• Posted

When I read your question sunjava90109, I thought of it as a concern and not shallow. I would rather know that you are very serious about your future with this person, and not just jumping into anything without deep thoughts. And sometimes it is easier to ask a stranger questions.

I saw maturity as you think about your future rather than shallowness. I respect that and I just wanted you to know.

I do also know that this question can trigger people and that is not my intent for others that may read this. Some people can handle things that others cannot. I do not believe that it is a "good "nor a" bad" thing...it is knowing one's limits.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.