Dynamic Screw

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I broke my hip 5 weeks ago in a freak accident I know I am 63 but was very fit used to walk 6 miles a day. They decided I should have Dynamic Screw I am now scared it will break down. Today have a on and off pain in my groin not really bad. I did walk further yesterday than usual I also have private PT which has helped enormously as had a problem with my knee. Use one crutch inside and 2 outside what I find hard is the depression is this normal as I am usually a positive half full person.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

depression is normal hun I just had my 5th hip surgery a second revision i call it and this one was the worst surgery ever i bruised so bad like dark black and blue i cant go back to work for a couple yrs and i need knee surgery as well my body is so weak cause surgeon said no physio. it's been rough I get depressed cause I cant do anything for myself it will pass eventually.

• Posted

There is no quit'in allowed. That's what a 80 year old cowboy out west tells me. Keep plugging it will get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Sorry to hear. I am also very active. Had my second hip replacement this year November 12th. Had no issues with the first one in January. This time the exact opposite. My left knee is KILLING me. I had an MRI yesterday to see if something was injured in the OR. I hope you get better quicker than me.

• Posted

Thank you my knee was a problem but PT seems to have sorted it not much fun hope you make a speedy recovery.

• Posted

yes depression is normal i think going by the replys on here , ive had 2 hips within 10 months apart and the first 2 weeks after the ops i was very down .. im 6 weeks post op with this one and it had lifted and i feel great now so hold on in there !

• Posted

Hi Sally, I had two hips this year also 10 months apart. I have been depressed also. I have been on a crying jag for four days now. I am at the six week mark. I think I need to get out of the house today somehow.

• Posted

excact,y the same as me !!! but i feel great now and im out and about everyday and doing all my excercises regularly and walking loads … my mind is positive and im happy … i have no pain only the slightest ache now and again hope you are doing ok too

• Posted

yes depression is normal i think going by the replys on here , ive had 2 hips within 10 months apart and the first 2 weeks after the ops i was very down .. im 6 weeks post op with this one and it had lifted and i feel great now so hold on in there !

• Posted

Thank you that is good news I did think it was just me feeling sorry for myself.

• Posted

imageyes I agree depression sucks I've had it for many yrs and this round was rough as this is my 5th hip surgery. I had a hip revision last dec 18th 2018 and my hip dislocated really bad. then this yr dec 3rd I had my stem removed and new one put in and theres 2 wires holding it as well the first 2 weeks of being home I cried my eyes out the pain was so unreal. image

these are the pics from dec 3rd 2019 it was horrible

• Posted

sorry the collage was from dec 3rd and the xray of the dislocation was jan 6th 2019

• Posted

im 6 weeks tomorrow … no pain no bruising … drove the car … muscles getting strong now as im constantly walking and doing my excercises … i feel just great !

• Posted

I'll be 4 weeks on tues the 31st I try to stay positive but it's just I've been through so much trauma with my left hip and I'm not allowed to do physio till new yr or anything I cant even put weight on my knee cause it gives out its damaged

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.