Dynamic Screw

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I broke my hip 5 weeks ago in a freak accident I know I am 63 but was very fit used to walk 6 miles a day. They decided I should have Dynamic Screw I am now scared it will break down. Today have a on and off pain in my groin not really bad. I did walk further yesterday than usual I also have private PT which has helped enormously as had a problem with my knee. Use one crutch inside and 2 outside what I find hard is the depression is this normal as I am usually a positive half full person.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

l am laid up with the flu virus !!...seem to catch everything , since my fall on December 1st last year , but , had to reply to you

l had dynamic hip screw for a broken femur

like you very fit and healthy (l am 62 )

The screws backed out after 3 months and decided to have a hip replacement in May this year , privately.

I lost confidence in the NHS consultant , who , when l told him l was in pain said people live with it. lt turned out the femoral head was collapsing this wonderful private consultant said l would have been in an emergency situation , if l hadn't had a replacement .

But through all of that pain and worry the mental side (l was looking at ways to end my life) was by far the worst for me.

l started seeing a counsellor...its trauma disorder , very similar to PTSD. l also started going to a physiotherapist 5days a week for physio hydrotherapy and soft tissue massage 😫

lt has all worked...mentally , as soon as l started to see results with walking it worked physcologically.

l am not out of the woods yet...my resistance seems very low and also hip still sore and painful from time to time.

Hang in there...the mental side DOES lift.

• Posted

I have been on a crying jag for five days now. I had my MRI on Thursday for my knee that was "injured" I think in the OR during my THR. I have pain in both hips now, probably due to imbalance of walking from my knee pain. I don't get the results until Jan 7th, my surgeon is now on vacation. So frustrating. I actually drove my car today in six weeks got out for about an hour.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply's I suddenly hit a point that it stopped hurting and itching and I could actually walk properly so my mood lifted enormously. I have an appointment on Tuesday hoping they will take away my crutches as think some of it is my head. I am now walking about 1 1/2 miles a day exercise bike 15 mins and exercises about an hour. The thing is I paid for pyshio and I had a problem with my knee if I hadn`t I think I would have more problems now. I also have private health insurance but they persuaded me to stay with NHS but they discharge you and there is no follow up. I am lucky my husband is a Vet so every pain, itch etc he will say its tissue reaction, healing etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.