Corona virus

Posted , 13 users are following.

Anyone else anxiety shot up?? cant help thinking about it !! reading up on it and watching news !! 😵

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

I wouldn't worry about it too much, dependant on where you live of course. The media blew it up way way above what it is. If you are healthy you should be just fine, even in the unlikely event you contract it. So I personally don't think there should be this mass hysteria, however, I do worry about my grandparents (and those with compromised systems). They're old with weaker bodies and if they somehow got in contact with it it could potentially end badly.

• Edited

I feel the same as you do! It's got me to the point of not wanting to go out as I'm so worried of catching it. My health isn't great and i have a low immune system which makes things worse.

• Edited

yes had arranged to go out tonight just couldn,t go ,have decided to stay home ,i would just stay in till it is over ,but my husband says i am being stupid and i know he will carry on as normal and if he gets it will bring it home to me , i am fairly fit with no existing conditions but i am72

• Posted

more people die from the flu, its just that its global that people are panicking.

Wash your hands regularly, dont touch your face when youre out in public and you should be fine.

Most of the people that have died from it are very elderly or immunity impaired. The symptoms in some people are so mild its less then having a common cold.

People need to calm down.

• Posted

I wouldnt let it interfere with your daily life at this point. just be cautious wash hands often and stay away from really crowded places to try and ensure you dont get sick. however the numbers are skewed and the media is running a muck with that striking fear into people.. guarantee there are so many more cases that are going under the radar otherwise whatever mortality percentage they have wouldnt be so high. be cautious yes but dont overly stress yourself out.

• Edited

Its scaring me to death i suffer from asthma and bronchiectasis so im vunerable with my chest in also 60. A case has bin confirmed in coventry where i live. I know that if ii get it it will kill me

• Posted

Me too. Feeling anxious here in the Netherlands. Doesn't help I'm a little sick myself with sleepless nights.

10 days ago I was in Oman and had a mild fever for 3 days. Fever is gone but I can't stop worrying. There were no cases in Oman when I arrived and only 2 when I left. When I got back to the Netherlands there was also only 1 case.

Saw the doctor and they said I'll be fine, it's more than likely just a flu/cold, but I can't stop worrying,

• Posted

hi! yes i am quite anxious. there are times i forget about it...and then it all hits me again and i am shocked. i dont know what's going to happen. my boyfriend is close to 64 , is a smoker, and has asthma. not the best combination and i am not ready to lose him. i am trying super hard to distract myself, but at times check the news, and its horrifying. and my dad is in a nursing home, what if he catches something? i cant lose the two men in my life i love most. okay, maybe im overreacting, but the feelings of fear and panic are so strong. its hard coping.

• Edited

I have to admit that I've come back to this forum purely to see how others have been feeling or coping. I've managed to keep my health anxiety under wraps now for at least a year but this has got me panicking again and I've noticed recently things like my hot flushes, adrenaline, tingling and knotted chest coming back mainly when at work. I feel ok at home.

I'm not really concerned about myself, my chances are relatively good considering my age and overall health. What I'm scared of is what if i get it (or worse have such mild symptoms i don't know I have it) and i inadvertently pass it on to loved ones who fit into the at risk category or others. I tell myself that rationally if they do get it, it could be from any person and not just me I'd never know but i can't bear the thought of my loved ones getting ill or worse from it. So you're not alone in your anxiety shooting up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.