Blue spot in vision - any ideas?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been experiencing a blue spot in my vision that comes and goes - it usually appears in dimly lit places and sometimes develops into a flash of light. I can usually see this blue spot on red colours quite clearly too.

My optician says my eyes are healthy, but I do have floaters, flashes and white without pressure.

I am beginning to wonder if this could be a sign of diabetes or hypoglycemia?

Anyone who has experienced similar please let me know as I can find no information and would love some answers!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes,I have gotten it off and on for a couple of years,I have Googled it and others have had it also,usually it seems quite benign. I mentioned it to my eye doctor a few times and he did not seemed concerned with it. I pretty much now just don't let it bother me.

• Posted

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I've been trying to ignore it but is difficult when some weeks i'm getting it several times a day for no apparent reason!

• Posted

Ive had that off and on fir at least 30 years a doctor described it as pre migraine i just never got the migraine .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.