Is it heartburn or something else ????

Posted , 2 users are following.

Started a couple weeks ago, a feeling like upper chest is having a burning sensation. Got so bad went to emergency thinking it was my heart. Did ECG, and blood work all was normal, doctor said might be heartburn. However 2 weeks later it's on and off with the discomfort mainly upper chest left side. Left tonsil stays inflamed and dry throat. Guess I'll do a follow-up with my doctor cause it's giving me big time anxiety, even worse because of this covid-19 pandemic going on......

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

you have all the symptoms of reflux... here is a few things to do... first go to the doctor! He will put u on a PPI. I was on omeprazole.. 2x a day.. Then eat small meals 5x a day.. don't miss meals, don't wait till u r starving to eat anything.. If u have to, carry crackers if u cant stop to eat. Chew slowly.. Bland diet, no spices, no tomato products, no alcohol no chocolate or carbonated beverages.. They make it worse . Elevate your head to sleep.. with pillows. Do not lay flat. Try to avoid anxiety it really makes thing worse.. I drove myself to the ER with pain in my left upper chest, cough constantly to clear my throat, stuffy nose constantly, sore throat. Had all the test done it was all normal.. Dr. said it was reflux.. Your doctor may recommend an endoscopy if he does get one.. Nothing to it. in and out 20 min. I asked for propafal. Best 20 min. sleep I ever had. lol I also had a barium swallow first which showed narrowing at the lower end of the esophagus. From the endoscopy I had hiatal hernia also.. The doctor will do Biopsies which is all normal so don't freak.. Most of all stay off Dr. Google! Don't read trying to self diagnose.. Also I got Plain honey, u dont need the fancy stuff. Take it like a cough medicine 1tsp. 3x a day. It soothes the throat, stops sore throat and is good if u have an ulcer.. Just stay calm this is important and this condition is sooo common.. It does get better..

• Posted

Thanks nancyphm, will do !! Everything you listed as issues are my same issues. My doctor did return my call today, and said all the things you said in your post.Also she said she would call me in a script, because I told her I went and bought prolosec, and mylanta, she said those are for occasional flare up's. She said at this point mine is in full flare up, and in need of a prescription dose...........thanks again and take care of yourself !!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.