Small cyst on right testicle since childhood

Posted , 1 user is following.

as the title implies i have had a small firm bump on my right testicle that has been tgere as long as i can remember and i dp have distinct memories of being able to feel it even as young as 7. My doctor did do an ultrasound and said it 'defintively is nothing to worry about just a basic cyst' and while i have heard they are common i still have it in my mid 20's and i have also heard that cysts that start in that region at a very young age are more worrisome for relation to other conditions. Does anyone know anything about this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear jacob,

Do you have the report of the ultrasound scan? What did it say? If it is just an epididymal cyst, then it's entirely benign and is not associated with later risk of malignancy. If you don't recall what the report mentioned and it's been many years since you had a scan, you might want to allay your concerns and get this repeated.

That said, all men are at risk of testicular cancer so it's still important to self-examine regularly.

Adhari.

• Posted

I dont remember with certainty but i believe so. A spermatocele or whatever they call it. The doctor did say i had the definitive test with the ultrasound and there was no concerns. I'm pretty sure it is an epididymal lesion because it sits right on the top of my right testicle and moves independently on the organ itself when i hold and palpate it. Which from what ive seen and read is right where the majority of said cysts are

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.