Has anyone had the covid vaccine?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone has had the covid vaccine and if you had any side effects. Its getting near to my age group getting the vaccine here in the UK( 50) I am getting quite worried about having it as im currently feeling quite rundown, sneezy, itchy and tired ( not sure if peri is causing allergies so am anxious about the vaccine because of this. I have been in peri since age 43 am 53 now still having periods on and off, this months was awful though and has left me feeling horrible.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara, I received my first shot and my arm was sore and I felt fatigued. my elderly mother has gotten both and she did great. I too was worried about getting the shot, but I worried constantly about getting and giving COVID so getting the shot hopefully will over come that anxiety. Hope this helps in whatever decision you choose!

• Edited

Hi Sarah, I had the first shot of Pfizer two weeks ago. All went well apart from feeling anxious BEFORE the jab and a sore arm for 24 hours. I also had the feeling of being a bit off for 48 hours after that (feeling a little slower than usual at work), but that might have been anxiety related. I hope this helps xxx

• Posted

Hi,

I got Moderna. Done with both doses over a month ago. I did have side effects. I suspected severe light headedness/dizziness was a side effect but I am not sure because I do get this sometimes and I am not sure if it is this or something else. In addition it happened so that both doses I got exactly when I had my period! Otherwise it was okay.

• Posted

Hi Sayah I just received my second dose two days ago. I did great with the first dose but after the second dose I was miserable all day yesterday, nausea, fever, bodyache, fatigue but feeling much better today. The side effects last for a day or so.

• Posted

Hi Sayah I just received my second dose two days ago. I did great with the first dose but after the second dose I was miserable all day yesterday, nausea, fever, bodyache, fatigue but feeling much better today. The side effects last for a day or so.

• Posted

Thanks for all your replies, I am getting quite anxious about it as have a feeling I will be called next week so its nice to know you all were ok and only had a few mild side effects for a very short time.

• Posted

Hi Sara,

Have you had your vaccine yet? I have an appointment next Thursday and Im really concerned too as like you I feel awful anyway, suffering with intense menopause symptoms, tiredness, aching, stomach pain and bloating, nausea, painful joints, the list goes on, I am really worried about suffering with any side effects, I struggle to function as it is 😦

I will have the vaccine without a doubt, going to try to prepare myself for a couple of days in bed, ive stocked up with ibuprofen and paracetamol in case.

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Sara,. No Ive not had it yet as its my partners bday next Sunday so I was worried if I booked it now I might not be ok for then. Booked it for the 31st March. I get anxiety about stuff anyways so new I would with this jab, like you said we feel grotty as is so worry more 😲 My joint pain is horrible at mo, both hips, ankles, right shoulderand golfers elbow in my right arm and im on my period to so not feeling great at mo. Hope yours goes Ok for you and you, you will have to let me no how it went.

Take care xx

• Edited

Hi ladies, a quick update, had my vaccine 3 hrs ago and just starting to feel a bit of an ache in the arm where had my injection when i raise it, my face feels hot but that may be because been in the sun for 2 hrs so hoping im ok later on. I had the pfizer vaccine.

• Posted

Yes, I had my first jab and get my second on Friday. It's normal to feel anxious about it - I was. I was under a lot of stress for my first jab and I did feel the effects but nothing unmanageable. If it's any consolation, my cousin just got the second, tougher vaccine while going through radiation for breast cancer. Yes, she was ill for a day but she managed - she's my hero. It weirdly wasn't as scary to feel ill as when you're coming down with a bad virus when you're worrying, oh no, what is this? It's just your immune system ramping up, just the way you want it to. Drink a lot of water, move your arm around in circles a lot afterwards (fights arm soreness), have some pain relievers on hand - these things help. Good luck!

• Edited

so glad I logged on today. I'm getting my first shot today at 7pm ...it's 4pm or so now and I"m already practicing my deep breathing. I suppose it can't be any worse than a bad peri day. I just home my BP and HR don't get the best of me with the anxiety of it all.

I need to get off the computer too and searching about the side effects.

• Edited

How did it go? Its now the day after since I had my 1st Pfizer shot and apart from a slight headache I slept through the night with no side effects, was a bit restless at 6am and dying for loo but Im glad I had it.

• Edited

Yes got mine last Wednesday...got Moderna..arm was sore...felt alittle off..but that is not nothing unusual..I was feeling that way before I got it..lol..did have a panic attack afterwards..my anxiety was through the roof...I tell you Menopause is something else..I was feeling good at one point..no hot flashes...less anxiety...no aches or pains..but all a sudden the bomb dropped..it came back..has anyone experienced that? Prayers for us all❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.