4 months off is this still withdrawal or am I deathly sick?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Background: I was prescribed clonazepam and alprazolam for anxiety attack (I never had anxiety before this I think it was brought on by malnutrition due to extreme dieting - i was only eating 1 meal a day) last NOv 2019. I took it for a month but didnt feel good so I consulted another psychiatrist who put me on mirt to wean me off the drugs. I took 30mg mirt from dec 2019 and in aug 2020 we started to taper. 15mg for one month and then 15mg every other day and that ended in early Nov 2020. I had no issues while doing the taper. then on dec 9 i had an anxiety attack out of nowhere and things have been progressing badly ever since. my most bothersome symptoms are burning skin (head to toe), slight tremor on my left pinky finger, loud tinnitus (both ears - high pitch And Pulsatile!). ive never been depressed my whole life but now I feel utter hopelessness and despair that 1) inhave an incurable disease 2) i will be stuck this way forever

is anybody else going thru this?! I really feel so alone and would like some reassurance...

no negative talk pls thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi jen, Its not a nice place to be when withdrawing from the devil pill, but you will come through it. It took me a good 3 months before i started to feel better. I use to get the panic attacks at night between 2-3am for the the first two weeks, Wow it was real hell.

We who have had withdrawals from mirt, can have different withdrawal symptoms. In your case it differed from mine, I was wired to the walls all that time, could not leave the house due to feeling bad from next to no sleep for month's. It was very depressing and exhausting. lost loads of wait also to boot : )

It takes a few months for our nervous system to get back online.

Eat oily fish and eggs if you can. Have a good talk with yourself from time to time.

You will get better jen : )

• Posted

Ps I have also come across folks who had the symptons you mentioned online. Do keep in contact with your doc

Gods speed : )

• Posted

Hi, all this is exactly how i feel. ive had nearly 3 months off it now and feel the same, my anxiety is through the roof, ringing in ears, muscle cramps, constant headaches and insomnia. It will pass, hold on in there. best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.