Why my blood pressure so low (78/45), while I suffered atrial fibrillation?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had atrial fibrillation for two years, the period of between two attack from three days to ten days ,and each attack lasting 4 to ten hours .I never do anything treatment only take medicine digoxin (0.125mg)or metoprolol(25mg)

while each afib attack my blood pressure extreme decline, even to 70-80/40-50. my heart beat is 68-75/min. it cause me dizzy and very weak . I don't why and how to treatment.

I am 83 years old man have no myocardial ischemia and infarction disease, cardiac doppler have normal function and normal 24 hours Holter.

I hope to get help and guide from doctors sincerely.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have paroxysmal af and notice that when I have an episode my BP drops. It shows that the heart is operating below its normal efficiency. I never take BP reducing medication when I have af.

• Posted

It is normal that BP gets lower while in afib. The blood flow is weaker in afib mode. did the doctor discuss ablation with you? what about blood thinner? some doctors believe its a must in afibbers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.