3 years post_TURP and still happy with my decision

Posted , 5 users are following.

After 5 years on alpha-blockers I bit the bullet and had a TURP in February 2019. Three years later and I'm still quite satisfied with the results. Stream is still relatively strong and 9 nights out of 10, I'm only up once. I eat and drink whatever I want although I generally stop liquids by about 8:30. Sex life is fine and neither me nor my wife are bothered by retro ejaculation. I had no issues post-surgery and resumed all normal activities (including sex and running) after 3 weeks. Best of all, I know longer panic if I have to go and am not close to a bathroom because I know I can hold it if I need to. I rarely visit this forum now but reading a few posts, I see that nothing has changed and some are still bashing the TURP based on rumors and hearsay. I guess that will never change. Good luck to all on your quest to conquer BPH .

4 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi Lee ,

Thanks for posting this. I have always feared TURP because of Retro and incontinence. I am 57 years old and on my 2nd PAE. I am happy with my results, however I do believe I will eventually have to get the TURP procedure.

If I could live the rest of my days as I am now ( which is same as what you describe , only no retro) I would be fine. But I am pretty sure my 2nd PAE will lose the BPH battle at some point in the future .

Glad to hear you are happy with results! Keep posting!

• Edited

I was 70 when I had the TURP done. When I asked about post-TURP incontinence, my urologist said in his experience (he's been in practice 30 years), incontinence had occured in only about 1% of his patients and that they had issues prior to the surgery.

• Posted

I had turp three years ago . I am happy and no incontinence whatsoever . It took me 10 months to feel normal but so glad I had it done.

Geoff

UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.