Comming off Zyprexa

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m comming off zyprexa slowly... I’m on 12.5 and going down again on my next visit. I’m nearly a year on zyprexa. My doctor is a load of bull saying I’m on them for life.. I’m changing my doctor but how long will I feel moodless and empty 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You will feel good as soon as you reach 2.5.you are at 12.5 now.after one month you start taking 10 mg.stay one month on 10 mg.After that month you start using 7.5 .stay on 7.5 one month.like that you use 5 mg and 2.5 m.g too.but once you reach 2.5 mg taper more slowly.2 mg one month,1.25 mg one month .625 mg one month then stop completely.you will be off zyprexa and you will feel good and normal.No moodless and empty.you will be happy.
    • Posted

Google surviving antidepressants.people taper 10%every month.otherwise you have to suffer withdrawal symptoms which are horrible.google zyprexa withdrawal symptoms.This is very serious ,life threatening matter.do Google search must.
  • Posted

Hi Gareth, You are brave to reduce your daily dose of Olanzapine. I reduced from 30 mg to 12.5 mg over a long period of years. However, cutting down too fast can cause nervous disorders etc. It's not easy I know. Get a second opinion from another GP. You know how you feel and when you feel secure and well enough to cut again. Like you, mental illness need not be a life sentence. Are you seeing a counsellor? You can talk about the issues that caused and maintain your malaise. Learn about mindfulness and CBDs, as I find both have a calming effect and are good for anxiety and paranoia. Never give up! Warm regards to you, Francis.

• Posted

Hello

After what I experienced going off Olanzepine cold turkey I strongly recommend you taper off extremely slowly and stick with it and definitely consult with another Doctor.  I dont think Ive ever felt so angry knowing and hearing what this drug is doing to people.  Its evil and causes chaos.  It was so scarey coming off it but the worst of it is over but I believe it has somehow altered my brain as I have nightmares and distressing dreams every night with severe sleep disturbance.  I really hope this will eventually pass as its not nice!

What has really helped me get through is daily fitness classes lots of physical activity extra nourishing food high quality supplements which I consulted with pharmacist with and also meditation/breathing and also journaling how you are feeling if its all getting too much.  Hope things slowly but surely get better!

• Posted

Sorry for what you are experiencing from cold turkey.I am also experiencing the same.You are not alone.Stay strong karogers.This will pass.
    • Posted

Thanks apu91247

You too! :-)

It's shocking eh that so many people are suffering from this drug!

• Posted

You will feel moodless and empty as long as you keep taking Olanzapine.

That's the awful truth. It is an evil drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.