Skip to content

Olanzapine

Also known as Arkolamyl, Zalasta, Zyprexa

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Memory Loss

Hello, did anybody suffer from short-term memory loss while taking Olanzapine/Zyprexa? If so, does the memory loss go away after quitting this med?

Last reply
  • Will the weight go off?

Before i started taking zyprexa i was weighing roughly 160 pounds but after i started taking zyprexa i balloned up to 210, i tried dieting i only went down to 199 then i plateaued no matter how little calories i was eating i couldnt lose weight, but now im about to stop taking zyprexa do you guys reckon...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine for 28 days

Hello, I took Olanzapine for about 28 days, 5mg, and I'm quitting cold turkey, I'm just wondering if anyone have any experience quitting Olanzapine for less than a month of use and can tell me what to expect quitting it? Thanks!

Last reply
  • Coming off Olanzapine

I have been on Olanzapine or over 6 years now from when I was diagnosed Borderline personality traits and all I can say is that I have endured 6 years of living hell. I have been taking 10mg every night for that time and piled on loads of weight, felt lethargic no confidence and started experiencing...

Last reply
  • Olanazpine/zyprexa - weight gain help?

Hiya, I was put on olanzapine after suffering from postnatal phycosis, I gained 4 stone in a year and a half- even though my diet hadn't changed. I've been off the medication for 8 months and I can't lose any weight. My weight gain is still insane.  I eat children's portions everyday,...

Last reply
  • Not losing any weight

I'm back again just want to see if anyone has a success story when it comes to weight loss. I'v been eating 2200 calories when someone my size 282pounds should be eating 3500-4500 to maintain there weight so a deficit of over 2000 a day i should be losing 4pound a week but i havent lost a pound...

Last reply
  • Success Story: Stopped Olanzapine (Zyprexa) Cold Turkey

First off thank you for this wonderful forum.  I looked long and hard for success stories of people who came off Zyprexa cold Turkey successfully and was unable to.  I took zyprexa for 2 months (started at high dose foolishly by psych doctors @ 30 mg) and then self lowered to 10 mg once...

Last reply
  • Weight loss after discontinuing Zyprexa

Hi! So here's my story in 2016 I had a gnarly drug induced psychosis which wrecked my life and landed me in jail. Since then I've been piecing my life back together and am currently doing really well and pursuing my PhD in medicine and artificial intelligence. Anyway the first year after my...

Last reply
  • Coming off Olanzapine

Hi I'm 18 and I was given Olanzapine after declining SSRIs as I needed instant relief from an anxiety episode, I've only been on Olanzapine for 17 days and I want to stop before any of the permanent effects I've been reading up on occur. Does anybody have any knowledge on how I would go about...

Last reply
  • switching from olazapine to abilify

Hi everyone,        Recently my pdoc decided to take me off of olanzapine and switch me to abilify without tapering the olanzapine. I take 7.5 mg of olanzapine and he wants me to stop cold turkey and take 5mg of abilify.Has anyone switched medications like this ? If so what...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine cold turkey im in hell

Hello guys, i was using Olanzapine for 6 weeks 20mg a day. I was getting really fat, and it didnt help my depression. Im diagnosed with chronic depression and panic/fear attacks. Because i felt nothing from the medication,i quit cold turkey. It has been nearly 3 months now and im still suffering. ...

Last reply
  • Zyprexa a drug not suitable for anyone, under any condition

The number one way to indentify a terrible doctor, one who is reckless and has no regard for patient wellbeing or safety whatsoever is one who prescribes their patient Zyprexa.  This is a drug being handed out to treat anything from anxiety to sleep disorder, none of which it has ever been approved...

Last reply
  • Misdiagnosed

Hi everyone got back from the phychiatrists yesterday and he wrote on my disabilty form that my phycosis was due to cannabis and was not scitzofrenia. Even after 3 hospital visits and another doctor telling me and my family I had it so dont. know were I stand. Why should I still take the meds.

Last reply
  • Olanzapine withdrawal ride from hell

1 year ago I had a hospital admission from being majorly depressed. As well as being put on an anti-depressant they also threw in Olanzapine which I continued to strongly question the psyche doctor over the next year as I didnt feel myself at all 2 months ago I decided to stop taking it Within 48hrs...

Last reply
  • What I had to deal wtih zyprexa just don't take

I first fell down on my bed from what seemed like a stoke then I couldn't talk for awhile for about 4 to 5 mins. My girl called me I tried to talk when I was on my bed trying to get up from what happened. I couldn't hardly get a word out. Then the chest pains started and it was very bad. It kept...

Last reply
  • Will I get my cognative function back after Olanzapine.

Just wondering if any of you guys and gals experienced any drop in attention spans if. you find it hard to concentrate. Also if you find conversations hard to follow and basically anything that you have to think about you find it hard while you are on Olanzapine. Thank you.

Last reply
  • Lethal dose of Olanzapine?

Feeling the need to rid myself from the society. My psychistrist prescribed me 6 boxes of Olanzapine. One pill is 10 mg. There are 28 pills in a box. That makes total of 1680 mg. Is it enough to kill me?

Last reply
  • My Journey is at an end.

Well I’m nearly finished with Olanzaipine. Exactly 1 week left.. now I’m still suffering like hell. No mood and just can’t cry but hopefully when the anti phycotics wear off I should be okay.. I want to Thank Apu and all the other commenters and people in here who gave me the extra edge to go on.. I’m...

Last reply
  • Side effects of Olanzapine i'v experienced.

How are you doing everyone, i'm new to this just looking for other peoples experience. Well I'm 25 and have been on Olanzapine for 3 years the whole time wishing i was never put on. it. In that time I'v gained 110 pounds in weight, I'v suffered with crippling anxiety for the littlest...

Last reply
  • Too many meds

Hi I have been diagnosed with bi polar and OCD. I am on a plethora of meds that include zyprexa, seroquel, lamotrogine, valdoxan, lithium and clonazepam. Apart from being concerned about the long term effect of this cocktail I hate the weight I have put on particularly around my stomach. Can anyone suggest...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine withdraw

Was on olanzapine for a total of 2 months....2.5 then to 5...the last week I tapered down back to 2.5 them cut cold turkey. Body aches. And cold then hot..tossing and turning in sleep. Stopped only cause my doctor said they could not perscribe it so switching doctor's. Any good alternative? I'm...

Last reply
  • Coming off 2.5mg of olanzapine.

Hi I plan to come off as soon as possible as i need to lose weight for surgery. I cannot get dissolvable tablets. My plan is to alternate 2.5 and 1.25 for 2 weeks then 1.25 for 2 weeks. If that goes well i will jump off then if not i plan to crush the tablets and eat the powder and alternate 1.25 and...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine Withdrawal

Hi all,  After reading most of the posts on here, I decided to write my current experience while I realise some of the posts' age on here vary between nine months to three years, but I hope that someone can hear my shout and give me a hand.   I was put on Olanzapine back in June after...

Last reply
  • Almost at the end of Olanzapine/Zyprexa!

I'm almost at the end of my taper off Olanzapine/Zyprexa.  I'm so happy to have made it.  I wanted to let others know that it is do-able.  The key, I feel, is going slow.   I originally was started on 10 mg of Zyprexa.  I took it down to 5 mgs within 2 weeks...

Last reply
  • Comming off Zyprexa at last..

Well.. I’m comming of zyprexa. on 2.5 but I’m still moodless and zombie like.. but I know I’ll get better as soon as the weeks go by .. It might be a month before they leave my system but I’ll wait. Suffering from Insomnia and big Appetite.. but it’s going to end soon.. 😁

Last reply
  • Coming off olanzapine(zyprexa)

Hey guys I have just started 2.5 mg olanzapine 2 months ago for insomnia and I am having side effects like difficulty in concentrating and weight gain. I want to taper this drug and need your advice on it since you all have a lot of experience than a doctor who just prescribes this horrible drug for...

Last reply
  • Suffering from olanzapine withdrawal

I was prescribed 2.5mg of Olanzapine as a migraine cycle breaker.  I suffer from chronic migraines and my neurologist went through a number of different meds.  I was on this for one month.  She told me this wasn't a long term medication for migraines and switched me to a course of...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine/ zyprexa withdrawl , Please help....Anyone!!

i was diagnosed as " late developing bi polar" in 2008/9. Twice I have tapered down to the bare minimum of this horror drug. i must be honest here ; when I came off completely I was flying high, but in my mind at least this was because the drug held me down in severe depression. It was like...

Last reply
  • hope about olanzapim

hi there I was put on Zyprexa for almost 15 years and I developed diabetes. for the past 12 months my doctor has been tapering it from 20 milligrams down to 2.5 I did it really gradually. I stayed on a dose for a month and then reduced and then sometimes three weeks or two weeks and then reduced. I have...

Last reply
  • coming off olanzapine and epilem

hi, for me coming off olanzapine was tough. took me months to begin to feel normal again after I stopped, but at the same time didn't really have a concept of normal because I had been in it for 8 years. I had to make sure my days started early and were full to help with my sleep. exercise, till...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.