Skip to content
Ad

Olanzapine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Coming off 2.5mg of olanzapine.

Hi I plan to come off as soon as possible as i need to lose weight for surgery. I cannot get dissolvable tablets. My plan is to alternate 2.5 and 1.25 for 2 weeks then 1.25 for 2 weeks. If that goes well i will jump off then if not i plan to crush the tablets and eat the powder and alternate 1.25 and...

Last reply
  • switching from olazapine to abilify

Hi everyone,        Recently my pdoc decided to take me off of olanzapine and switch me to abilify without tapering the olanzapine. I take 7.5 mg of olanzapine and he wants me to stop cold turkey and take 5mg of abilify.Has anyone switched medications like this ? If so what...

Last reply
  • Recently started on alanzapine

Hi all. I've been on olanzapine 3 days now, it seems to have helped with intrusive thoughts I was getting. I was just wondering how long people was on these before the med settled properly and you felt normal again? Thanks. Leanne

Last reply
  • Zyprexa a drug not suitable for anyone, under any condition

The number one way to indentify a terrible doctor, one who is reckless and has no regard for patient wellbeing or safety whatsoever is one who prescribes their patient Zyprexa.  This is a drug being handed out to treat anything from anxiety to sleep disorder, none of which it has ever been approved...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine withdrawal ride from hell

1 year ago I had a hospital admission from being majorly depressed. As well as being put on an anti-depressant they also threw in Olanzapine which I continued to strongly question the psyche doctor over the next year as I didnt feel myself at all 2 months ago I decided to stop taking it Within 48hrs...

Last reply
  • I have been on Olanzapine for 10 years

My personal experience. I have been diagnosed mentally I'll with a phsycotic disorder since 1996.Started on haldol, navane, artane then risperidone for several yrs ,now been on Olanzapine 10 yrs- started at 20 mg few years been on 10 mg several yrs and still. Very stable at this have been for several...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine Withdrawal

Hi all,  After reading most of the posts on here, I decided to write my current experience while I realise some of the posts' age on here vary between nine months to three years, but I hope that someone can hear my shout and give me a hand.   I was put on Olanzapine back in June after...

Last reply
  • Coming off Olanzapine

I have been on Olanzapine or over 6 years now from when I was diagnosed Borderline personality traits and all I can say is that I have endured 6 years of living hell. I have been taking 10mg every night for that time and piled on loads of weight, felt lethargic no confidence and started experiencing...

Last reply
  • Coming off olanzapine.

Hi I have been on 2.5 mg of olanzapine for nearly 5 months. I want off it cos of weight gain. I am on other psychiatric meds. Can i just stop or do i need to taper ?

Last reply
  • Changed diagnosis and coming off Olanzapine

I started off "sectioned" into the Mental Health Unit in a secure monitored room. The diagnosis was paranoid schizophrenia. I was there against my will. In New Zealand, they can only hold patients for a certain length of time. When that time came I was not released, so it was a court case -...

Last reply
  • Sudden (but temporary) olanzapine withdrawal

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences of suddenly stopping olanzapine?  Due to some weird blood test results I have to come off olanzapine (10mg a day) for 5 days,  starting tonight.  It's only a temporary stop and I will go straight back on it when I've had my next blood...

Last reply
  • Feel as if I will explode!!

Started taking Olanzapine 2 months ago for severe depression. I am now taking 3/4 of a 2.5 tablet. I have felt terrible most days and stay in the bed. The depression is still there and the agitation is awful. I feel as if I might explode! I continue to talk with the doctor who says to stick with it....

Last reply
  • Changed diagnosis and coming off Olanzapine

I was :sectioned into the Mental Health Unit against my will around 3 years ago (involuntary patient, locked room, the works) They started me on a minimal dose of 5mg Olanzapine and this really munted me BUT I have a strong Christian faith and had my Bible with me and my wife and kids visited briefly...

Posted
  • Getting tired of feeling Empty and Numb from Olanzaipine

Getting tired of this bulls**t of feeling Empty.. I don’t know what to do.. I’m on a 12.5 and I’m tapering down but how long more will I be on this killer drug.. I’m pure sick of it all 😔 somebody explain to me what to do ... 😞😞 Moderator comment: I have edited this post due...

Last reply
  • Comming off Zyprexa

I’m comming off zyprexa slowly... I’m on 12.5 and going down again on my next visit. I’m nearly a year on zyprexa. My doctor is a load of bull saying I’m on them for life.. I’m changing my doctor but how long will I feel moodless and empty 

Last reply
  • Still feel empty 😔

I’m now on 12.5 MG but nothing has changed. The doctor wants me on them for life but my physc doctor is tapering me off them.. what do I do now. I’m also totally withdrawn from everything.. a small bit anxious but my mind is still blank 

Last reply
  • Alternative to olanzapine

Hi my husband has been on olanzapine and fluoxetine for 6 years after suffering psychotic episodes, anxiety and depression. He has been desperate to stop olanzapine due to weight gain tiredness and feeling doped up. He has done a really slow reduction of olanzapine over about 4mths from 5mg by cutting...

Last reply
  • How long do side effects last

Still feel empty and crap from taking the 20mg which I stopped taking back in August.. what should I do.. my anxiety is low but my sleep is awful. Any help out there would be great

Last reply
  • Swollen hands feet puffy eyes

I just started at 2.5mg I've been on it about a week and a half. Today I noticed swollen hands and feet. My eyes have been puffy and even my lips feel a little tight or a tad swollen. Anyone else experience this in the beginning? I will definitely tell my dr but just concerned. Thanks

Last reply
  • Mind blank what should I do?

Was on 15mg from December till April... then got up the dosage to 20mg... Was on 20mg olanzaipine-Zyprexa from April to August.. it made all the thoughts go away... now I’m scared I permently damaged my mind.. I feel flat Numb and irritable.. I just want to go back to being my old self again. How long...

Last reply
  • Weight gain

Hi I am 8 days off olanapine after being on 2.5 for about 6 mths. I tapered down and so far so good. Jumped off at 0.625. I am also in mirtazapine and venlaflaxine. My question is when will the weight i put on on olanazapine come off ?

Last reply
  • Benefits of using olanzapine as an anti-psychotic

Hey guys. I've been on 20mg of olanzapine for several years now. I am really alarmed by the amount of stories from people on the web who chose to discontinue this drug. It's virtually impossible to read anything positive about the benefits of using this drug. From what I've read people experience...

Last reply
  • 2 days into olanzapine constant nausea

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and looking for some feedback. I have general anxiety and social anxiety. My social anxiety really kicks in when I have to eat around people especially people I'm unfamiliar with. I get very nervous to the point where I throw up. I have been prescribed Paxil, amtriptylene,...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine and EEG

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if Olanzapine will affect the results of an EEG. I am due to have one soon as I get Absence Seizures and my neurologist wants to check my brain activity. I have only started taking Olanzapine 2.5mg two days ago and I would stop it if I thought it would affect the results....

Posted
  • Olanzapine long-term effects

About 10 years ago, I was forced to take olanzapine for supposed post-partum psychosis (a diagnosis which I dispute to this day, but anyway...). I had to take 20 mg a day for six months. Then was allowed to stop. Ever since, I've been really ill with a long list of maladies. Formerly highly energetic...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine

been prescribed this to complement mirtazapine which isnt really doing much.  All comment welcome

Last reply
  • Brain shrinkage

I have been off and on Zyprexa for 3 years in conjunction with various anti depressants to treat depression and anxiety. My main dose was 10mg but I had taken up to 30 mg at one stage for a short period of time. I am freaking out because today I read today that Olanzapine causes brain shrinkage Have...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.