Skip to content
Ad

Olanzapine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Coming off 2.5mg of olanzapine.

Hi I plan to come off as soon as possible as i need to lose weight for surgery. I cannot get dissolvable tablets. My plan is to alternate 2.5 and 1.25 for 2 weeks then 1.25 for 2 weeks. If that goes well i will jump off then if not i plan to crush the tablets and eat the powder and alternate 1.25 and...

Last reply
  • Coming off olanzapine.

Hi I have been on 2.5 mg of olanzapine for nearly 5 months. I want off it cos of weight gain. I am on other psychiatric meds. Can i just stop or do i need to taper ?

Last reply
  • Olanzapine

been prescribed this to complement mirtazapine which isnt really doing much.  All comment welcome

Last reply
  • Olanzapine long-term effects

About 10 years ago, I was forced to take olanzapine for supposed post-partum psychosis (a diagnosis which I dispute to this day, but anyway...). I had to take 20 mg a day for six months. Then was allowed to stop. Ever since, I've been really ill with a long list of maladies. Formerly highly energetic...

Last reply
  • Zyprexa a drug not suitable for anyone, under any condition

The number one way to indentify a terrible doctor, one who is reckless and has no regard for patient wellbeing or safety whatsoever is one who prescribes their patient Zyprexa.  This is a drug being handed out to treat anything from anxiety to sleep disorder, none of which it has ever been approved...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine Withdrawal

Hi all,  After reading most of the posts on here, I decided to write my current experience while I realise some of the posts' age on here vary between nine months to three years, but I hope that someone can hear my shout and give me a hand.   I was put on Olanzapine back in June after...

Last reply
  • Brain shrinkage

I have been off and on Zyprexa for 3 years in conjunction with various anti depressants to treat depression and anxiety. My main dose was 10mg but I had taken up to 30 mg at one stage for a short period of time. I am freaking out because today I read today that Olanzapine causes brain shrinkage Have...

Last reply
  • Olanzapine for GAD

I've been on olanzapine for 2 weeks now and although i felt a benefit after 3 days I slowly fell back and now I'm feeling worse. My psych has told me to split the meds to 5mg at night and 5mg in the morning. Im 2 days into the split and I feel flat and crying again uncontrollably. I feel lost...

Last reply
  • Coming off Olanzapine

I have been on Olanzapine or over 6 years now from when I was diagnosed Borderline personality traits and all I can say is that I have endured 6 years of living hell. I have been taking 10mg every night for that time and piled on loads of weight, felt lethargic no confidence and started experiencing...

Last reply
  • cutting down on olanzapine

I've been on olanzapine along with venlafaxine and mirtazapine for depression. A doctor put olanzapine into the mix to help with sleep and appetite.  I'm still depressed but another doctor said lowering the olanzapine might help. He thinks it's not working with the anti depressants....

Last reply
  • Olanzapine 5mg a day. Positive experiences?

My name is Ivan. I am taking Olanzapine for anxiety. It doesn't appear to be having any side effects although I am experiencing erection problems. My psychiatrist thinks given the low dose of 5mg a day I should be looking elsewhere for the cause. What I am looking for is positive stories as I am...

Last reply
  • Meds mix a nightmare

Hi I am 42 , on vortiloxitine olanzapine plus a load of other. But still I dive hard every few weeks I am on 10mg evening and 5 in the morning. I just know it's not the right combo but I am not a doctor. Just some advise who also "dives" frequently

Posted
  • One step Forwards, five steps back

I live in New Zealand and we have our own small commercial cleaning business. Some three years ago I was sectioned into the Mental Health Unit Against my wishes) because I became convinced that my wife was trying to steal my BMW 535i.  That was not hte case, by the way, but my wife became so angry...

Posted
  • Swollen hands feet puffy eyes

I just started at 2.5mg I've been on it about a week and a half. Today I noticed swollen hands and feet. My eyes have been puffy and even my lips feel a little tight or a tad swollen. Anyone else experience this in the beginning? I will definitely tell my dr but just concerned. Thanks

Last reply
  • Do you all take Olanzapine at night?

hi, my husband is on 5mg and he takes it at night. This knocks him out for 12 hours sometimes, it can be so hard to wake him up. He is then quite snappy & moody too. My question is would taking it during the day make him really tired do you all take yours at night? Thanks

Last reply
  • Question about olanzapine and increased appetite

Hello.ive been on olanzapine now for 6 years.i didnt get any weight gain at all for the first 3 years or any change in my appetite.my weight remained stable.but for the last 2 years i have had an increase in my hunger,only at night.never during the day.i am also on lithium and zoloft.if anyone could...

Last reply
  • Help please

Hi All Just started lexapro 5mg two days ago for anxiety and depression brought on by the anxiety. I was on sertraline for a year but came off it a few months ago as Dr and I thought I was ready but I guess I was not as I have relapsed so dr put me on lexapro to see how I get on. I took my first pill...

Last reply
  • Zyprexa(olanzapine) 5mg

hello there, i've seen on the drug info that zyprexa can cause hallucinations even personality disorders in rare cases ofc. my question is if it's possible for such a side effect to exist with the specific low dosage(5mg) thanks in advance.

Last reply
  • Coming off Olanzapine...

So...heres my journal so far. I was on olanzapine for 6 years,after going through what "Health professionals" NHS called MANIA AND PSYCOTIC SYMPTOMS. I was sectioned for 5 weeks by my family as they were worried about my mania and "psycotic" symptoms.Yes i admit,something happened...

Last reply
  • Coming off olanzapine

I've been on olanzapine for about a year and also take venlafaxine and mirtazipine. My doctor has decided to take me off olanzapine. I've been on 10mg so my dr has decided to take 5mg for one week then the 2nd week one tablet every other day for one week. Not feeling too great. Anybody have any...

Last reply
  • Seeing spots while taking zyprexa

I take paxil and zyprexa ,, i recently noticed a big spot in my vison that blocks out all in a spot in my feild of vision ... I wanna know if this is serious should i seek attention or can i take something for side effects?? Jason

Last reply
  • I start this tomorrow

Hi all needing some input please. Best time to take this med , are there many side effects &;how long it takes to feel some what better. Thanks for reading

Last reply
  • olanzapine for severe anxiety

Im looking for some reassurance so please no horror stories. For people out there that take thisbmedication. Is it normql to experience heightened anxiety when starting/ increasing it?

Last reply
  • Zyprexa

Just started on Zyprexa 1.25 mg for an add on to taper off Paxil. Paxil just stopped working suddenly in July and have heart palpitations and occasional panic attacks. Jittery and shaking hands. The Zyprexa has helped, but I'm just worried about being able to come off of it and the side effects....

Last reply
  • Anyone experiencing swallowing problems?

Hello! I have a somatic delusional disorder and also some swallowing issues due to GERD. I was prescribed zyprexa but scared to take it because one of the side effects could be swallowing problems. Does anyone have experience with this or know how common it is and at what dose? I really want to start...

Last reply
  • schizoaffective disorder

Hi everyone I noticed this website last night after having a very stressful experience with my son who siffers with psychosis. I have been reading some very interesting blogs from people about alternative medicine. Breifley my son was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder 3 years ago and was put...

Last reply
  • I have just started taking olanzapine

I have been on olanzapine for 5 days I was diagnosed with bipolar type 2 10 days ago after struggling with depression over the last 3 years , my friends and family noticed my manic episodes more than I did, I searched the forums looking for how these tablets will effect me but I was unable to find...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.