How to cope with olanzapine (zyprexa) withdrawal symptoms, especially insomnia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

i am tapering off olanzapine (zyprexa) and have cut down from 7.5mg to 2.5mg and seem to be fine in terms of withdrawal symptoms. But im planning on cutting down to 1.25mg in a few days for 3/4 weeks before alternating between days and then stopping completely. im really nervous as i have heard zyprexa withdrawal symptoms are really bad. i was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to cope with withdrawal symptoms and if theres anything i can do to help with insomnia. i have heard people get literally no sleep or just 1/2 hours of sleep after quitting zyprexa and dont think i can cope with that. but i really want to stop taking them as the side effects are bad like diabetes and high blood pressure if you take them for a long time. i have only been taking them for a year and a half or two.

i dont have schizophrenia. i was put on these tablets in pakistan by a stupid doctor for depression. I shouldnt even be on these tablets. im really scared of the withdrawal symptoms. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.