Tips on dealing with Zyprexa withdrawals

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

So i've been on zyprexa for 4 years and it was injection of 50mg per month. i quit cold turkey. yes i know its bad but i asked them to taper me, i even ask if they can give me another medicine, they wont budge. i told them how i feel like the medicine make me feel some kind of zombie(?) if it make sense. I had them 2 or 3 years before i decide to go to college. I was mostly at home doing nothing except on focusing on my mental health. When i started my college that's when i feel that this medicine wont help me with my school. i feel lazy, sleepy all the time. i was 34kg went to 44. yup, very skinny. i gain few kgs but it felt like my body was very heavy makes it hard to get up. it doesnt help my insomnia at all but when i do sleep, it took me hours to open my eyes. i had a hard time to wake up for classes.

I tried supplement, diets to help me combat these symptom but nothing works. I got frustated since i cant do anything. all of my assignment and school work are done by my friends. i feel sorry for them because i was the one who suppose to do it. it was not their responsibility to do my work. i had few semester left and i still cant figure way out. Thats when i decide to just quit cold turkey. These doctor doesnt seem to wanting me off this medicine.

Now, 3 years later, still dealing with the withdrawals. my school feel apart, relationship with family and friends. I had bad tremors, full body sweats, develop some kind of social anxiety, dissociate alot, i cant even know how to talk or had conversation. everytime i try to think of something even the smalest thing my head get hurt and start sweating with full body tremors. i cant walk properly. i isolate myself alot because i was afraid of myself. Im very sensitive to everything. my mood constantly change and most of the time all i feel is anger. i get scared easily. What hurts more is that i know all of the things happening to me but i couldnt control it. i couldnt do anything to hold myself for almost 3 years. its just this few months, in january that i started to feel i can have a little grip on my life. but this symptom come back and forth up till now.

i would like to ask for any tips or advice if anything i can do for the time being. either on how to reduce or control the emotion or what happening to my body. i didnt expect to fully covered since i know it might not go back to how it used to be. but i believe that there is still hope for me. i dont want to give up. i just dont know what i should do since i have no one to rely on, i dont trust the doctors anymore and we dont have anywhere to go except for that hospital.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sorry if this is too long. Thank you ❤️

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.