My Mom is incredibly anxious one month of Zyprexa

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, just wanting advice.

my Mom was prescribed Zyprexa 5 mg over a year ago for anxiety, oh it calmed her nerves but also turned her into a zombie (no emotion, no joy, lazy & forgetful) I've been begging her doctor to take her off of it, we got her down to 2.5 mg and then one month ago the doctor took her off of it cold turkey and put her on Remeron an anti depressant , she also upped her lexapro to 20 mg. My mom is now extremely anxious, scared, doesnt leave the house, clean or even wash her hair. I have contacted her doctor and she said there are no withdrawals from Zyprexa and this does not seem right, everything I've read makes it sound like lots of people have trouble getting off this.

dont know where to go or what to do to help her, any advice appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Slap that stupid doctor across the face!

Zyprexa isn't a medication for anxiety, its for Schizophrenia and Bipolar, even then whether it's safe for those conditions is debatable.

I was put on this crap for two months for acute insomnia, I was then taken off it as I started developing muscle movements. After coming off this BS, I was left with 21 days of NO SLEEP, that's right, 3 weeks without a wink of sleep. I called my GP (not my amateur psychiatrist) and they prescribed me 15mg of Mirtzapine (Remeron in your case) to help me sleep. Mirtzapine has not helped with the insomnia, at best it gives me 2-3 hours of fragmented REM sleep (dream sleep which isn't deep or refreshing).

For 2 months now I've been struggling, being passed from pillar to post. These amateurs do not have a clue what this medicine does to someone's brain, they just prescribe it without knowing anything about the med... I believe they buy all the BS the pharmaceutical companies fill them in with.

Zyprexa (Olanzapine) HAS side effects, it HAS withdrawals.. if the doctor doesn't believe that, tell that dumb #@$%! to take the drug and let's see how they feel when they come off it.

This drug changes the structure of the brain, it blocks dopamine which results in unbalanced levels of serotonin in the brain. This affects thinking, behaviour, sleep etc. These doctors get paid to ruin people's lives.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.